Office XP on 2 computers?

craigg

I was reading somewhere that you are allowed to install 1 copy of Office XP on up to 2 computers such as a desktop and laptop.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Thanks.

To get the information from the right source.. ie Microsoft.

You are alowed to install Office XP on two computer, One laptop and one desktop.

:)

I'm pretty sure that you can install it on any number of PCs that YOU own, and ONLY if they are for use by your family and in your house.

I guess its the same as the backup thing.

I don't think it would stop me installing it on 3 PCs tho if the liscence said 2, as long as they were all in my house to be used by my family, I would just do it.

I was reading somewhere that you are allowed to install 1 copy of Office XP on up to 2 computers such as a desktop and laptop.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Thanks.

They're not gunna break down your door if you install it on multiple computers in your house :) If that's what your concerned about.

I highly doubt that the license included inthe retail boxed version of Office allows more than one copy to be installed on multiple computers at the same time. I think you're allowed to make a "backup" of any CD, provided that both CD's are not in use at the same time. But I could be wrong about that :)

General License Grant to Install and Use Software Product.

You may install and use one copy of the Software Product on a single computer, device, workstation, terminal, or other digital electronic or analog device ("Device"). You may make a second copy of the Software Product and install it on a portable Device for the exclusive use of the person who is the primary user of the first copy of the Software Product. A license for the Software Product may not be shared.

An excerpt from the Office XP Retail EULA agreement.