how to run a program BEFORE logon.

Twisted Maniac

hello ppl, i have a question, how can i run the On Screen Keyboard @ the log-in window (classic style) ?

i got a touch screen and i want to get rid of my normal keyboard :) so i need to know how to set the On screen Keyboard (%systemroot%\system32\osk.exe) to start up so u can "type" your password and loginname.

Try This:

Run Group Policy (Run GPEdit.MSC). Go to Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Scripts (Startup/Shutdown) and double-click on Startup.

Click on the button Show Files... and in the new opened window create new a batch file. Edit the file and put in it the following line:

%SystemRoot%\System32\OSK.Exe

Save & close the file, close it's folder window, and in the Start Properties dialog click Add... and put there the name of the batch file you just created (no path needed). Now close this dialog also.

Still in Group Policy, go to Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->System->Scripts and on the right pane, change the value of Run startup scripts simultaneously to Enabled (This will make sure the logon process will continue even though the script has not ended).