Fatal error 800b0100

Mandarin

Hi, my first post here but I have been lurking for over a year and have made over 20 custom CDs with nLite with absolutely no problems until now.

Every single attempt to produce a working CD fails with the error shown below at the stage where it reboots to the GUI installation stage.

The singnature for Windows XP Professional Setup is invalid. The error code is 800b0100.

No singnature was present in the subject.

Fatal Error:

Setup falied to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more information.

Error:

The singnature for Windows XP Professional Setup is invalid. The error code is 800b0100.

No singnature was present in the subject.

Fatal Error:

Setup falied to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more information

This is in VM Ware _ I haven't tried a real install because there seems no point if it fails in a VM.

I did a search and found the same errors in a few old posts dating back to October 2005 but nothing since so it does not seem to be a common error. The suggestions in those posts do not seem to help in this case.

Here is what I have been doing.

I use the RVM Integrator to integrate the latest RVM update pack 2.1.5a which goes perfectly. If I burn an ISO and test at that stage everything works.

I then open the Integrator for a second time, delete any log files from the first run and then integrate all the Addons that I want to include. If I use the integrator to create an ISO and test it works perfectly.

The problem starts when I use nLite to slim down the installation - if I even make one single change it will fail with the above error. It makes no difference if I use nLite or the Integrator to make the ISO. I went back and tried the 2.1.4 pack to rule out the latest pack and the failure is the same.

I upgraded to the latest nLite 1.3b - same result.

I went back to 1.2.1 after deleting the nLite folder and doing a complete registry clean.

I am using the same source CD which has always worked perfectly before.

I tried using nLite for everything - integrating the update pack and the addons but most of my addons are geared towards the integrator - all have worked perfectly previously. The failure occurs even without a single addon being put in - it is nLite that is somehow no longer working for me.

I then tried my last successful CD which used the 2.1.4 pack in November and was slimmed down with nLite afterwards in the normal way. That CD works perfectly so I used that as my source, added some addons with the Integrator then ran it through nLite and it was successful, but I have some programs integrated into that build that have been updated or I no longer want in there.

Every CD I have made in the past has been successful - in the beginning they were done in nLite 100% then I started adding some addons with the Integrator before removing components with nLite and they all still worked fine.

I have run out of ideas and I can no longer use nLite to slim down my builds - I am removing exactly the same components as I always did - nothing new. I tried an old session and nLite then worked, which is tending to indicate that it is something that I am doing now that I didn't do before, but I can't find what I am doing differently. I've gone through the whole thing step by step starting from scratch and I get the failure every time.

I can integrate my addons using the Integrator but end up with an ISO of over 800MB, using nLite afterwards slims this down to 687MB so I still want this functionality to work. I am not removing anything dramatic - just normal things the same as I did before.

I have tried with IE7 and without it - same result.

I understand that my last session should give some clues so I have attached that.

Sorry this post is so long but I have tried everything I can think of so far without getting anywhere fast. It is definitely something to do with the way I am using nLite - I am hoping someone can spot what I am doing wrong and let me sort this out.

Thanks

Apologies for the double post - don't know how that happened.

I have attached my last session.ini again because it does not seem to be showing correctly.

I have just been through the lastsession.ini from a working CD and compared it to the problem one that I last used and there are a few differences so I can try using the old ini file with my newest build and see if that works and report back.ethan.bmp

are you using any of the addon packs. i got the same error and that was because i was using one of the windows media player 11 addon available. once i removed that addon the error vanished.

I used integrator with Xp SP2 Setup + 2.15a Update + Lots of addons. then use nLite to slimdown. Buff i have the error. then i removed addons 1 by 1 & then i cornered on windows media player 11 addon which solved my issue. may be this is of some help to u

Edited by Krgh

I'm fairly certain I tried it with just the 2.1.5a update pack and no other addons and still got the error but I will try it without the mediaplayer 11 addon again. In fact that particular addon is different from the one I used for the November CD so I can try the older version too to see if there is any difference. At least now I know it is not just me with this issue but it is odd that I never had it before.

I use a whole heap of addon packs, nearly all of which I have used many times so it will take quite a while to narrow it down to a particular pack but that may be the only way in the end.

My non nLite CD is now around 880MB in size, compared to 670MB after slimming down so it is essential that I get it working again with nLite. :rolleyes:

I'm also having the same problem as you described. I too am using a WMP11 Addon (Boooggy's Vanilla Addon). I really would like to have WMP11 integrated but if it's causing this problem then I'll have to do without it for now.

Yup, just saw that. Trying it out now...

[update] It works!

I tried the Zacam patch but it still failed in the same way.

But Boooggy has released a new MediaPlayer 11 Addon which is supposed to fix this issue now.

At least I know now that I was not the only one getting this issue.

Time to start from scratch with the new WMP11 release.

As an update I thought I had a working CD until I tried using media player - it threw up an error every time telling me it wasn't installed correctly. Turns out it is the RVM integrator that is causing the problem because when I remade the exact same CD but using nLite to integrate WMP11 (the Boooggy tweaked pack) it works perfectly and as a bonus gives a finished ISO about 30MB smaller in size too.

So to avoid the error it looks like nLite is definitely the way to go to integrate WMP11.