Forum Updated to v2.2.1

xper

There should be login option in the first page itself, (as previous version). :whistle:
Did you read this one yet?

He is referring to that mod on the forum index that showed the statistics and let you login from that page.

I seem to have trouble staying logged in even when the option is checked. I've cleared my cache, and my cookies are enabled and doing fine. I searched most of this topic, but I don't think there's anyone having the same exact issue as I. I've waited a few days to post this, but it's still not working.

I too have problems connecting.

I'm using Maxthon2 beta2 so sometimes it crashes. When I start it again, I can reopen all the pages I was visiting. If there's more than one msfn page, I'm logged in some (usually 1 in fact) but not on others and a refresh sometimes solves the problem where I'm not logged.

Right now, I was setting singapore (a web gallery) so was not active on the board for a quite long time but had forum index opened. When I refreshed it, I was not logged in anymore. Maybe that cookies are not created in the same way and are purged faster now. ?

I have a somehow similar problem, that needs some explanation. Our network has a proxy for HTTP browsing, which doesn't allow downloading of exe, zip, rar and some other file types. So I sometimes have to disable proxy in my browser to be able to download such files, and it may happen that I forget to enable it back afterwards.

Problem is that if I am logged in to MSFN with proxy on and I then open some new page while proxy is off, I appear as not logged in, and the other way around. Even if I reenable (or disable, respectively) the proxy, I would still appear as not logged in, until I do it manually. This doesn't happen with any other forum I visit, nor with Yahoo mail, Hotmail and such. And definitely it wasn't happening before the upgrade. I haven't touched any of the Internet options during this time.

Using SlimBrowser, IE-based.

I visit here on a daily basis (from work and home) and on every visit I need to re-login. Cache cleared etc. Very wierd (and a little frustrating :D)
This happens to me too when I switch browser or use the same browser in different Windows accounts. I suppose the board stores a different cookie in the various browser caches, so decides you are a different user if the cookie differs from the one that was last recorded on the server. Might be a security feature.

But this has already been the case before the forum upgrade.

I visit here on a daily basis (from work and home) and on every visit I need to re-login. Cache cleared etc. Very wierd (and a little frustrating :D)
This happens to me too when I switch browser or use the same browser in different Windows accounts. I suppose the board stores a different cookie in the various browser caches, so decides you are a different user if the cookie differs from the one that was last recorded on the server. Might be a security feature.

But this has already been the case before the forum upgrade.

That's an interesting point.. at work I use IE6 and at home Maxthon (and I have IE7 integrated).

Could be the issue.

Some connection issues with the server. I tried www.msfn.org, a direct link to the forums, and www.msfnhosting.com and they were all down for a few minutes. Then MSFN came back up and gave me an IPB error.