Forum Updated to v2.2.1

xper

Sweet upgrade...

but wen I came to log in, said username not recognised...clicked the forgot password link.

Entered my username, sent me a email..got it, reset my password, and now it works...

and yes, i did type my user name in right! lol even after the 6th time! or watever it was.

Fixed

I had problems with login on the frontpage, but when I went to the forums and try to login there, I succeded..When I returned to the frontpage; I was logged in also..

BTW, pips are not changed..

VNews reated, old issue

hi! i'm unsure if this is related to the recent forum maintenance ... however, i'd just like to share that i've been getting this quite frequently:

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method.

Post Data Saved!

The following post data has been saved. In some cases, using your browser's back button will empty out form fields which results in the loss of any typed and unsaved material. You may select all of the text area below and copy before hitting back.

... would this have anything to do with idle time? thanks! ;)

Fixed, and clear your cache

Issue: Some Personal Profile tabs not functioning/loading properly.

Recreation: Click your username and browse your profile. Click Comments, Friends or Settings tabs and the content will not load.

Issue: People formerly on your allow list are now under the block list. PM Block list upgrade error.

Solution:

If you've already converted the friends, just delete the entries in ibf_contacts who have allow_msg set to 1

Browser:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ID:2006120418

Fixed

Opera 9.02 here.

Don't know if these are by design, but I'll mention them anyway...

1) The regular smiling smiley doesn't appear on the first selection; are they ordered by use?

2) When clicking a smiley, it gets added into the post but it's highlighted, meaning that if I continue to type the smiley is erased again

3) I can't download attachments when I'm not logged in

Opera 9.02 here.

Don't know if these are by design, but I'll mention them anyway...

1) The regular smiling smiley doesn't appear on the first selection; are they ordered by use?

2) When clicking a smiley, it gets added into the post but it's highlighted, meaning that if I continue to type the smiley is erased again

3) I can't download attachments when I'm not logged in

3) Only registered users can download attacments.

interesting...if i login on themain site, virtuanews, says incorrect login name, if i login on the forum page...its fine.

VNews is outdated. Some functions doesn't work anymore with IPB.

I had problems with login on the frontpage, but when I went to the forums and try to login there, I succeded..When I returned to the frontpage; I was logged in also..

BTW, pips are not changed..

VNews related, old issue

You are not a lone...I've recieved the following error
The username you have entered is incorrect

when I try to log on too at the same place, but in forum board it works

Thanks

Edited by xper

New issue: The 'Forum Options' drop down menu doesn't work with Firefox 2.0.0.1. It works perfectly with IE7.

the_guy

Tested with FF 2.0 and it works.

Fixed

This is still not working here. It might be the OS. Both computers I tried this on are running Windows XP w/SP2, ff version 2.0.0.1. Maybe something broke in ff 2.0.0.1?

the_guy

EDIT: I just tried this in FF2.0 and it works. Looks like Mozilla broke something in 2.0.0.1.

Edited by the_guy

Someone couldn't log in or get to any of MSFN's pages other than the main page starting early yesterday and they are guessing it is when you were installing the new version. Anyway, they created a new account and found this thread. So they went and tried to log into their old account after clearing their cache and managed to get into the forum with no problems. So if you see a new an acount with the username of 'newname', you can delete him because he is a retard. But I don't know him personally.

DL