[Release] XPize4Win2K 1.0.0 , stable: Windows 2000 to future

ChrisKuhli

Maybe the XPize Installer System development stream ends! The last created of it is the Stable 1.0.0.

For downloading this scroll to bottom of this posting!

Normally the development focus is on cX2K - but this is also supported.

1st)

I'm interested covering the project of Dels named X2K - need the existing resources and the okay

2nd)

More features needed? Look in the other thread related to my newer package cX2K.

3rd)

This Pack cannot patch an installation source but cX2K can or will slipstreams with nLite or modify.

4rd)

It is as simple as possible not messing or screwing up your system.

See screenshot from my customized Windows 2000 with my pack:

XPize%20for%20Windows%202000.jpg

What do you think about the actual bootscreen bitmap resource?

post-119189-1175603409_thumb.jpg

As you can see in this thread (where i don't delete a posting) i got some resonance since first wrote of this posting! I asked share or get resources created with/ by or from other MSFN-members working/ worked on similar projects - I did also today via PM Dels and Squeeto! - X2K related :whistle:

You want Test, doing help with (/ -in), make suggestions or just have a look into?

Version 1.0.0 - STABLE 1 Downloadable RAR 3.0 compatible Archive with included installer-exefile, direct download from my website, section Programmierung.

The section Programmierung of my site is german language - dont't bother you may read the cX2K page instead...

If you doesn't run Windows 2000 you might use uniextract deep scan through the installer and have a close look into the resources within the browsable subfolder structure the depacking tool created. This sentence explicity allows this - but only if you are not able to use my shellpack!

Edited by ChrisKuhli

Hello XibaD!

Either you try browsing the structure of my Website, or you take a look at the Thread i cite in my .signature. I have a few XPized related screenshots on my webspace (imagine them via file URL in the German-nlite forum thread :D

EDIT: "Shot" away, Reason: file size issues...

I wish you had a very well Christmas :thumbup

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli

• 1 month later...

Well, that's great work dude! But don't you think that it would be better to convert those-ugly-in-win2k-alpha-blended-icons into 256 or True Colored ones?

I have hacked almost of my Win2k. If you are interested I can send you resources :)

• 3 weeks later...

hey you guys nice to see you here, i'm online for a liltle time cause this is saturday, my holidays (my exam will over next monday) :D

thx to XPero for releasing XPize installer system , finally he making those all open source :D

@ChrisKuhli

nice job remembering me of X2K, maybe you can get most stuff from package available from old beta tester (as i dn't have enough bandwith to upload it)

• 1 month later...

Hello again!

The complete start posting is rewritten :)

Now i really begin to try the development - Join to help me please...

You want test? Don't need to ask per PM - try to download from my german language homepage, section, Programmierung.

Hopefully i don't go out of my bandwith... When 4 Gigabytes are exceeded my homepage is deactivated until i pay an amount to my provider. Can anybody help me with a good amount?

Having resources for me? Post here and/ or write more!

Actually my package is based on the XPero Installer System. The first Alpha 4 is XPize4Win2K_1.0a4.rar (4.8 MB Size) including the file XPize4Win2k_installer.exe which takes over the Resources of the installed Windows 2000.

Thank you if any support!

Edited by ChrisKuhli

hi i tested dell's orriginal pack once about 7months ago,

and it showed up with some nice resources,

but onfortunatly i went away to winxp (for mce) and linux),

but because my xp licence has expired (not a student anymore) -

and i dont want to buy xp im thinkin about 2k again...

recently there has been some developments in w2k-land,

> no win2k service pack 5 (full ) - it just never got released.

> new dll released to be hooked into win2k for new and better vistual-styles support.

there are now many projects with icons for windows 2k,

i hope there is someone who knows, how to get them into the installer, and the force-reload tool....

Hello -I-!

I already read the postings in this thread but i doesn't wnated yet to delete at this time. I know the projects like Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack, the Vistapack for Windows 2000 and former known X2K.

Because of the hassle of the Windows Genuine DISadvantage that begins in the second decade of this century with Windows XP either i will then never use Windows any more - or i step from older MS-OS to the older ;)

I think also Windows 2000 is very fine and should never end. You must know i use nLite, and will test HFSLIP.

In reason of some issues no unofficial packs maybe created at this time! A lot german sites did that for years (of course without official support) but now MS-Germany said them to stop that!

Ever i use only MSFN for Win2k packages they does more then patch and i doesn't host anything in germany Microosft maybe not amused!

I will, want and do create packages patching Win2K! But not-MS service packs are in a dark zone.

Greetings from 1°C Germany,

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli

so is there a way to maby - set a script online with all the resources,

that are patched - and those that still arn't ...

if it neads file-space fore the 'allbum'

- Im willing to donate, enouth space for at least 100 resources...

and a php script to 'display' them...

Back to the PC (and forum) i found out that i broke the link here, to the actual alpha 1.0a9!

@-I-: If you unpack the Source you see what i did. I stripped from original XIS Source the uxtheme support, the theme, TaskswitchPro, altered the desktop bitmap and screensaver, and changed the branding "XP" from msgina and explorer to 2000 also Whistler to Neptune :P

Edited by ChrisKuhli

@brucevangeorge: You are testing my pack? Fine. Cleartype? I doesnt know, TClock? - Cant test cause no additional W2K install yet!

If you read in damian666's thread i link in my .signature you may find out what other authors (yes some wrote here ;)) can write you...

Maybe you found out i enabled the RPL2K.DLL from the Windows 2000 Revolution Pack with some .32imgl files in %windir%

Edited by ChrisKuhli

Should I await response by the experts or began creating my XPize derivate?

Old name deosn't fit philosophy any more as i want dramatically changes!

Hint: New Release of Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack came too late for the beta cause was compiled a week ago from now!

Edited by ChrisKuhli