Change Vista Shutdown DIALOG box

mehargags

I’m using vista past some days, apart for usual nags there one thing much disturbing that i’d like to change. The Shutdown dialog in Vista shows “ Sleep “as default which i never ever do. & i have to manually select either shutdown or Restart. Is there some Registry setting where i can edit this particular order as they appear & make Shutdown as the Default option. I’d rather prefer if u can have XP Button style dialog on Vista anyway.

Pls note that I;m talking of the Shutdown dialog box drop down list here & NOT abt “what to do when I press the power button” on my PC as thats the things that comes up when i google for my query.

Edited by mehargags

I'm pretty sure that it's "by design", however it's possible the change the default action in the shutdown dialog, by opening Power Options in the Controlpanel.

Select Change plan settings, for the currently selected power plan.

Click on Change advanced power settings, expand the Start menu power button in the section named Power buttons and lid.

Change the default sleep to shutdown.

Change advanced power settings, expand the Start menu power button in the section named Power buttons and lid.

Change the default sleep to shutdown.

YES,,,, It does the JOB. Changes the default in the drops down to SHUT DOWN.

Thx for the tip. but no way to change it to button style as in XP?? its much more convenient to just click what u want :blushing:

Edited by mehargags

• 4 weeks later...