Feature request: .au3 files in HFSVCPACK

daddydave

Per the docs, "Your custom .REG, .INF and .CMD files should go in the HFSVCPACK folder."

Would adding support for .AU3 files in that folder be too specialized? Then have us put AUTOIT3.EXE in the HFTOOLS and maybe HFSLIP could copy it somewhere appropriate so the au3's can run when the .cmd, .reg, and .inf files run...

Just a thought...

[EDITED]

After thinking about this some more and remembering that .EXE files go here too, this would not be such a great idea, since most .AU3 installs I have seen expect the .EXE to be in the same directory

Edited by daddydave

It's fairly easy. I could have the exe and the AUx files (hey, you gotta think about the future :D) copied over to the hard disk at txtmode copy and executed at T-13. They are removed again at first GUI logon. I could also just leave them uncompressed in the I386 folder and execute them from there directly. Support for long file names is possible but if they are to be copied to the hard disk first you'll get generic names like au1.au3, au2.au3, au3.au3, etc. in the I386 folder which might not be that easy to work with (in case you'd want to replace some manually after running HFSLIP).

You'll just have to tell me what the proper command is to execute an AU3 file because I never worked with AutoIt... :P

I could also just leave them uncompressed in the I386 folder and execute them from there directly.

The setup exe would need to be in the same folder; hopefully that won't cause problems

Edited by daddydave