New nLite Load - I made it WAY too "lite"

Bleser

So last night I loaded a new copy of XP that I had slipstreamed my RAID drivers and SP2 into. I also spent a lot of time tweaking in the "Tweaks-More Tweaks" page.

The problem is that Windows was WAY too lite! Things like IE couldn't be found... not even the default windows volume control was installed. Not Outlook Express, not much whatsoever.

Do you have to make a decision about EVERY one of the options on this page, and if you don't then nLite just yanks it? I skipped the "Component Removal" step so I don't see why so much was missing from my build. I didn't even have the resources to make another nLite build, so I stayed up all night doing a bloated build. :(

Edit: I've updated this post with two Las Session.ini files, both of which were on the CD that nLite created for me.

Thoughts?

Edited by Bleser

If you skip the components removal page then nLite won't remove anything - it does allow you to check whole sections, but it doesn't sound like you did that; it sounds more like your nLite got corrupted somehow. Check that you've got a clean source and try burning it at a lower speed or with a 3rd party program, and make sure your computer is completely stable (no overclocking issues or anything)

hi Bleser! just wondering, you might have automatically reloaded your Last_Session.ini if yoo did use nLite before (where you might have removed some components including IE core) ...

I actually did load a "Last Session", and maybe something got screwy in the process - I'll have to wait until the experts dissect my Last Session.ini file after I post it.