If IE7 slipstreamed, are IE6 updates necessary?

foxathome

In the past I slipstreamed a lot of updates that are for IE6 AND also the installation package of IE7 itself.

Do I have to slipstream these updates for IE6 OR is slipstreaming the installation package of IE7 without the updates for IE6 enough? :w00t:

Can I throw away all the updates for IE6? :angel

Please only answer if you be 100% sure about your answer :blushing:

Yes, you won't need IE6 updates anymore.

You can check this for youself at Microsoft's TechNet website. Look at any recent IE-6 hotfix technet page, and see the products applicable. More often than not, you'll find IE7 under "Products not affected".

Edited by [deXter]

Hey you never asked for an explanation.

Basically it is like asking "Do I need to use Win 2000 updates now that I am using XP?"

Maybe there are files on the computer that are updated by updates for IE6 and also used bij IE7.

That's why this question...

See how you get yes and no from different people who think they know what they are talking about when in fact they are clueless? For questions like that, it's always good to go right to the guy who makes the program, in this case, Nuhi.

Kel, nuhi,

That's good to know. Still, I think I'm gonna steer clear of IE7 and WMP11 for now.

It's like playing with Vista. Still too green yet. :puke:

No matter how good nlite and Integrator are (my respects, nuhi, Sigi and Ryan), there's bound to be glitches for a while.

In the past I slipstreamed a lot of updates that are for IE6 AND also the installation package of IE7 itself.

Do I have to slipstream these updates for IE6 OR is slipstreaming the installation package of IE7 without the updates for IE6 enough? :w00t:

Can I throw away all the updates for IE6? :angel

Please only answer if you be 100% sure about your answer :blushing:

To answer your question, you can remove the ie6 updates, because ie7 doesnt need them. However if there is an update that goes for ie6 and ie7, make sure you get the ie7 version of the hotfix package from ms, so that you get the correct file, otherwise your os may not boot after installing.