KB816093 coming up as an update Windows XP SP2

sabregreen

I can't reproduce this and I have no idea what HFSLIP could've done wrong to cause this. So I can't really help.

My guess is that something went wrong during the service pack slipstreaming but you already said that you lost the original so you're kind of stuck there.

The only thing I can suggest (but without guarantee that it will solve your problem) is this:

1) Download the network install of SP2 into the HF folder

2) If these files exist, move them out of the SOURCE\I386 folder: SP1.CAB, SP1.CAT, SP2.CAB and SP2.CAT

3) Run HFSLIP, then verify that you have SP2.CAB and SP2.CAT in SOURCE\I386

I fixed it, just not the way I would like. So what I do is delete the C:\windows\java and C:\windows\system32\msjava.dll and delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\Java VM\

and the update doesnt come up in windows update. I just added this to my tweaks.reg file. Works for me. Its weird because the only thing that really exists is the msjava.dll and the one registry tree Java VM.

• 3 months later...

Something weird happening here, I have a hfslipped XP SP2 installed for about a month; just now I got a windows update telling me to download the 816093 update :S. By running Jview I get that I have the MS VM 5.00.3809. Why did it just let me know after a month or did something else could have happen?

It may have been installed as part of another program (home banking, etc) or after visiting a "malicious" site. Even if the relevant files were on your new source CD, it wouldn't make sense that they suddenly got installed without having the CD inserted...