wireless mouse range?

deathwarder

I like wired mice. No need for batteries. :thumbup

Providing you don't have a problem with stepping on the mouse's own wire when you move the mouse back (after reaching the end of the mouse pad), the wire sometimes pulling the mouse and falling behind the desk and such annoyances, why not? It sure annoys the hell out of me (can't say I'm a big fan of mice to begin with though)

Batteries wise, yeah, I hear you. So many things using batteries nowadays (wireless mouse/keyboards, countless remotes: for the TV/home theater amp/DVD player/sat receivers/XBOX/sound card/PC speakers/MCE remote/X10/2 for AC/camera, kids toys, digital cameras and 3 flashes, laptop, mp3 players, X10 wireless devices, tons of kids toys, flashlights, smoke detectors, thermometers, various power tools, and so many more gadgets and things I'm forgetting), it quickly becomes something near a full time job to keep track of batteries (in pairs), charging them and all. Batteries everywhere. Countless power adapters. Lovely! Thankfully some of the newer mice are easier on the batteries (the one that came with a MS Wireless Optical Desktop 4000 lasts like 6 months, whereas the old Intellimouse Explorer was more like a month).

Mind you, that's not the main reason not to go wireless though (for me at least). If you have enough wireless devices (several mice/keyboards and such) in that 27MHz band, eventually you run into troubles: nothing wants to work anymore (like WiFi and 2.4GHz wireless phones). I've had 2 wireless mice (on the same PC) fighting each other like that before...

I've never seen one not be able to do 6ft range though (I've never tried 50ft, I'd have to walk out the house and look with binos to see if the cursor still moves)

Either ways, I use wired trackballs instead.

Providing you don't have a problem with stepping on the mouse's own wire when you move the mouse back (after reaching the end of the mouse pad), the wire sometimes pulling the mouse and falling behind the desk and such annoyances, why not? It sure annoys the hell out of me (can't say I'm a big fan of mice to begin with though)

Nope, I don't have a problem with my mouse cord at all. It's 6ft and non-tangle to begin with. My tower sits to the right of my desk so the cord goes behind my desk and around my LCD stand. I never have to pull for more cord or re-adjust it. I have the Razer Copperhead laser mouse.

I had a keyboard that could do up too 100FT!! and i went to about 80FT and it still could type! so why couldn't mouse work that far as well? you know?
Can you see your mouse cursor at that distance? That's probably why...