Newbie questions

WhatBackHand

I've just started to look at HFSlip, downloaded, read and now trying my first install. Whils that's happening I thought I'd ask the questions I've been unable to unswer from reading this forum or the included documentation. I've been using XPCreate for a "number" of years and so I guess I'm looking for a conversion course.....

Biggest question is... Is HFSlip designed to integrate my $OEM$ folder structure, cmdlines.txt etc? Or do I need to generate my "baseline" with HFSlip, integrate my folders and then create an ISO? If I can integrate my folders, where do I put them?

Like with XPCreate, I'm only looking to build a stable and as updated and integrated basic XP install, so I only include basics such as Acrobat, Defender, JRE etc and not Office or other "addons".

Well... HFSLIP doesn't give special care to your $OEM$ folder, but it has a partial alternative.

HFEXPERT\WIN = files that go in the Windows folder and subfolders (copied to destination during text-mode copy)

HFEXPERT\PROGRAMFILES = files for Program Files and subfolders (copied to destination when SYSOC.INF is parsed; long filenames and spaces supported)

> Advanced features

Thought I'd chime in since I use both the HFEXPERT method as well as an $OEM$ structure (mainly I use the latter so that I don't forget how it works, heh heh).

Although I know exactly what TC means, I think someone new to HFSLIP might not understand that this essentially means nothing with your $OEM$ really has to change. By no special care, he means you can continue to use it if you wish, but the HFEXPERT method is simpler.

Oleg_II's Ramdisk example still remains an amazing example of what this method can do for you.