Windows Jackhammer: The last update you'll need for Win98.

NL-Stitch

• Foobar developers already scrapped Win9x support in latest builds. I'd stick with Winamp 5.x, which keeps up with the times while still keeping Win9x compatibility.

• Daemon Tools 3.47 is the last version working on Win9x. Any 4.x version will not install.

Preferred software:

- Chun Sejin's Imagine -> Basic image browsing and editing

- FreeRAM XP Pro -> Memory manager

- Dependency Walker -> Application debugger

- DM2 -> Windows enhancements

- CDR Identifier & DVD Identifier -> Reports real CD/DVD manufacturer (useful to track fakes, if you value your backed-up data)

- ScreenGrab -> Screenshot utility

- Ad Aware -> Malware cleaner

- Spyware Blaster -> Malware prevention

- CodeStuff Starter -> Advanced Startup and Task Manager

- TZ Connection Booster & TCP Optimizer -> Network connection improvement

- Angry IP Scanner -> Network scanner

- GSpot 2.52 b1 -> Video files analyzer, codec reporting

- FlashGet 1.73 (1.80 has bugs under Win9x) -> Download manager

- SlimBrowser -> browser; IE front-end

- Nir Sofer's TurnFlash -> Enable/Disable Flash in webpages in one click

- MP3 Tag 2.32a -> MP3 ID3 tag editor

- Metapad 3.51 -> Notepad replacement

The above are all freeware or open-source that I commonly use on my system.

I have added my preffered software.

I still have to many catagorys, and would like it to be to many software packages. :blushing:

So, please.... submit your software.

Check out http://jackhammer.wikispaces.com/Software+List , look what software you are still missing, and submit it here.

My thanks to all off you who have already submitted.

Greetings,

NL-Stitch

Well then, the ROS website is back on-line !

Check out my Untested open source software list and the ReactOS Applications page too.

I also wanna suggest all to check the structure of the Open Source software list wich i purpose for Wikipedia, in place of List of open source software packages one, if someone wanna help me.

B)

Edited by patchworks

Well then, the ROS website is back on-line !

Check out my Untested open source software list and the ReactOS Applications page too.

I also wanna suggest all to check the structure of the Open Source software list wich i purpose for Wikipedia, in place of List of open source software packages one, if someone wanna help me.

B)

I think this post belongs in your open-sourcing 9x project and not as a post for the Windows Jackhammer end-user version.

Greetings,

NL-Stitch

All users that have submitted software in this topic,

Your software had been added : (mediacoder,media player classic, spybot 1.5)

I will take a look in the list of patchworks if there is any software I would like to add..

Greetings,

NL-Stitch

NL-Stitch: I have a question: There will be updates to all the programs that have been added in your Jackhammer project. How often do you intend to update that list with updated programs, and also will we have to download 1.6 GB of Windows Jackhammer every time you update it.

Windows Jackhammer is nothing without drivers for the newest hardware! :unsure:

Every man can use opensource programs from sourceforge

but better project will be drivers for 98SE! :rolleyes:

If u want to make final release of Windows 98SE there must be that support,

sorry for that man but thats true! :unsure:

@ myelin:

NL-Stitch: I have a question: There will be updates to all the programs that have been added in your Jackhammer project. How often do you intend to update that list with updated programs, and also will we have to download 1.6 GB of Windows Jackhammer every time you update it.

As you may already know, the open-developers version is a hard-drive mage. This image only has the software which wasavailable in december 2006.

The end-user version will let the user download the latest programs.

@ awergh

Sorry, spybot 1.4 it is then

@nicke85

Jackhammer will support Nvidia and ATI videocards , (current major hardware manufactures), USB (thanks to maxim decim). All hardware which is released from november/december still has win 9x drivers with them. Until users want to upgrade, Jackhammer drivers will still be able to support hardware until the vista release.

As some users had a discussion with me on the forum; a lot of users think they are ready and capable to make drivers for future hardware. Thi may some nice at first glace, but I cannot include drivers that arent already here.

I hope that my end-user verion will support the download of windows 9x drivers made by users of msfn.org or equalivent, because I am not going to make drivers for Windows: Jackhammer myself. I think I have done my share of teamspirit to this project when the end-user product releases.

I think my next project will be a w2k based expansion ( or any hybrid kernel OS), I am willing to make drivers and more for those.