default settings for newly created user accounts

Hello everybody

This question should have been raised before but after searching i can't find a thread (poor searching skill, sorry)

Wanna ask

When windows create a new account, it must have some default settings set for that account, how can i modify such settings so that in the future every newly created account follows the same suit of settings?

I'm partically concerned with the wallpaper and powercfg

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Create a new account
  • Complete configure the account to how you would like it setup for all future accounts
  • Restart and log in on another account.
  • Copy the file NTUSER.DAT from the account you just configure (<Hard Drive>Documents and Settings\<NewUser>) to the Default User directory (<HardDrive>Documents and Settigns\Default User)

Now everytime you create a new profile it will have all of the settings you just specified!

Edited by antonio_king

IN addition to the solutions provided above, its possible to set those settings in gpedit.msc to have them stick more to the user. You shouldn't give them rights to use gpedit.msc themselves though.

I use this to have settings fixed to a computer when they are not in our network, and a network setting superimposed on them when they are connected (in case of laptops that is, for instance windows update settings/ anti-virus update settings, to influence behaviour diffrences when on or offline, maintaining minimum settings.)

Jules

Edited by JulesKr

• 1 month later...