Foxit Reader silent install

csalmon03

i dont use this program but there is a setup free in their website. you just have to copy the exe somewhere in your comp and create a shortcut for it. thats for the free version. for the pro im not sure if there is a setup free option there.

also, try to use CMenu (search in this forum for it) to right click your setups and have them identified so you can tell what are the silent switches.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no switch. but i have maked my own foxit reader with inno. Dutch, German, English and French languages are avaible and some pluggins.

You know inno have the most switches :thumbup

DOWNLOAD Foxit Reader 2.0 Build 0930

Link removed.

Edited by Inferi0r

it installed well

but it was normal install not silent

this good http://arcovink1.googlepages.com/FoxitReader.exe .. installed and worked well, just use ( /verysilent ) switch.

its version 2.0 .. thank arco.. :hello:

:blink::wacko::unsure: I'm afraid it is still repeat the same error, am I the only one who recieve that error or there is any one else?

just make a perfect download , get the perfect file and no corrrupt message would occur anymore ... the error u got because the file was corrupt.. thats all. :hello:

"Yet i will test it. But no its normal not silent, because then you lose the install options of inno installers. This are the options:

foxitreader.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS HelpFile, GDIPlus, JavaScript /TASKS desktopicon, quicklaunchicon

Sorry it must be so:

FoxitReader.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS=HelpFile,GDIPlus,JavaScript /TASKS=desktopicon,quicklaunchicon

(This is full silent install, you can make it as you want)

Edited by Malarky

@ MGadAllah

I have found this:

Why is the error message "The setup files are corrupted" displayed on some systems?

This error message is displayed when a file pertaining to the installation (e.g., setup.exe, setup.1) [1]has the wrong size, or part of [2]a file fails a CRC check. It is not displayed for any other reason.

If your installation is distributed over the internet and you're getting a lot of reports of this error, it could be that your web server is delivering partial files by dropping connections prematurely. Have the affected users check the size in the bytes of the file(s) they downloaded.

If your installation is distributed via CD-ROM or floppy disk, it could be that the CD-ROM or floppy disk is bad, or possibly the drive is defective.

[1] I have Foxit Reader.exe packed in a rar archive

[2] At a Nullsoft Installer you can use /NCRC to skip the CRC Check, I found this command for this Inno Installer to skip the CRC check: /NOCRC - I don't know of it works

DOWNLOAD Foxit Reader 2.0 Build 0930

Edited by Malarky

foxitreader.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS HelpFile, GDIPlus, JavaScript /TASKS desktopicon, quicklaunchicon

This switch does not work, it loads the application interface as normal and wait for user interact to continue

Do you believe that I'm still recieve the same error a025.gifLOL

• 10 months later...

This switch does not work, it loads the application interface as normal and wait for user interact to continue

Oh, it works very well, but "foxitreader.exe" is a renamed setup.exe from the Inno Setup and you have to do some work.

First make an install and tweak the registry (if you do not want the nice messages... :sneaky: ): look for Show*Ad* and modify the values to 0. Than export the modified registry values to a reg file in the application folder and add your language and any other plugin you need. If you want to use the original uninstall icon than use something like ResHacker to extract the original uninstall icon. Next start Inno (just a hint: do not select the original uninstall.exe, because it is useless). So, please simple create the setup.exe with Inno. Here you have to read the Inno documentation and also, do not forget to add the mentioned reg file to the [Registry] section (ISTool could do the job for you).

After that put the setup.exe file in a folder together with a batch file like this one (adapt it if you want to rename the setup.exe):

start /wait setup.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS=HelpFile,GDIPlus,JavaScript /TASKS=desktopicon,quicklaunchicon
"%programfiles%\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\Foxit Reader.exe" -Register

Than, if you are like me, use the nLite Add-on maker that also hide the command window and you are ready to go!