Yet Another Missing Files Issue

Miteto

Hello people. These days I'm wasting my time trying to make an unttended WinXPCD including RyanVM Post SP2 update pack and Bâshrat the Sneaky's driver packs. The steps:

1. nLite - slimming down the source CD, unattended, tweaks.

2.RyanVM Integrator - Post-SP2 Update Pack

3.DriverPacks Base Utility - driver integration.

4.UltraISO - BootableCD

During the initial install i got complaints about that the following files are missin (in order of appearance :) )

cdaudio.sys

cyycoins.chm

cyzcoins.chm

dvdplay.exe

kodak.icm

srgb.icm

streamci.dll

tsbvcap.sys

tsbyuv.dll

usbcamd2.sys

usbcamd.sys

fsvga.sys

I found out that these files are gone from DRIVER.CAB after step1 - i.e. after nLite usage.

What am I doing wrong, what's that component that should stay for good? Or could it be something to do with .NET framework?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The steps:

1. nLite - slimming down the source CD, unattended, tweaks.

2.RyanVM Integrator - Post-SP2 Update Pack

3.DriverPacks Base Utility - driver integration.

4.UltraISO - BootableCD

I'd suggest using RyanVM's Integrator to integrate his UpdatePack BEFORE using nLite to remove components. I'd also suggest using nLite to integrate drivers, and also create the iso.

I agree with Pixelated.

Try integrating first, then nLite. Or even the other way around.

But using several programs to get your cd done... :no:

I was having alot of issues lately, too. I found (from lots of sifting thru forums here. Thx guys.) that using nlite, then Integrator, then nlite, then (whatever), screws things up alot. Nlite in particular seems to get really confused doing multiple sessions, especially using different builds. Then files get lost. :(

Do everything you want to with EITHER app all in one session.

All goes much smoother if you do everything you want to do with one app first, then the other. Plus, I started testing my cd with VMware each step along the way (after Ryan's pack, after nlite) so when you have a problem, you know which app had the issue.

:)

Oops, missed few posts - sorry, few days ago I became a father :w00t: !!! The drinks are on the houseaaaa !!!

Anyways, seems I own a slappy copy - there are lowercase filenames on that disk - guess that means threated copy ?! However, I'll try what you suggested here ...

@Ut\Collector, I know your addon, I've tried it ... but I miss 12 files... (I got bored already) ... here we go again. uTorrent is on the way ...

PS: My english sucks ...

PPS: Thank You guys ...

Oops, missed few posts - sorry, few days ago I became a father :w00t: !!! The drinks are on the houseaaaa !!!

Anyways, seems I own a slappy copy - there are lowercase filenames on that disk - guess that means threated copy ?! However, I'll try what you suggested here ...

@Ut\Collector, I know your addon, I've tried it ... but I miss 12 files... (I got bored already) ... here we go again. uTorrent is on the way ...

PS: My english sucks ...

PPS: Thank You guys ...

Hi, My Englisch sucks to sometimes.

My addon only will fix this missing files:

srgb.icm

streamci.dll

tsbyuv.dll

USBCAMD2.sys

USBCAMD.sys

Sow it won't fix other missing files.