Newbie Question - Multiple Activation Codes

I've searched the forums but couldn't find the answer to this question!

I wish to create a boot disk to do an unattended install for the PCs in our office. Each PC has an OEM version of Windows installed upon it (legit!) and has it's own Product Key.

I have run the setupmgr and it will not allow me to leave the Product Key blank, I would like the installation to prompt the user for the code, but automate all other prompts.

Any suggestions?

I suggest Windows PE/BartPE which can detect the MAC of the nic in the computer (if they are onboard it'll work even better) from there you can generate the answer file with the correct product key attached to the MAC which you can store in a DB on your server, as well copy any related activation files over before the computer restarts to finish off the rest of the install.

Edited by hazard_abio

I've searched the forums but couldn't find the answer to this question!

I wish to create a boot disk to do an unattended install for the PCs in our office. Each PC has an OEM version of Windows installed upon it (legit!) and has it's own Product Key.

I have run the setupmgr and it will not allow me to leave the Product Key blank, I would like the installation to prompt the user for the code, but automate all other prompts.

Any suggestions?

build the answer file with a vaild Key and the delete that line from the answer file. If you generally purchase from the same manufacture take a look at Building a Pre-activated CD from an existing installation.

Edited by Bezalel