MCE 2005 hotfixes support?

Francesco

I tried integrating some of the MCE 2005 hotfixes (especially rollup 2) but it looks like they don't get integrated correctly because MCE is installed after the hotfixes (so the patch won't work). Is it because nlite doesn't support them or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Francesco

you have to install the updates on the first boot after Setup

That's what i'm doing however I found out that after extracting the rollup2 package inside there are normal hotfixes that can be applied by hand. Some of them can be integrated but all the ones regarding MCE strangely won't install.

The problem is that running that hotfix takes forever and also requires a reboot because IE won't show webpages unless windows is restarted.

you have to install the updates on the first boot after Setup

That's what i'm doing however I found out that after extracting the rollup2 package inside there are normal hotfixes that can be applied by hand. Some of them can be integrated but all the ones regarding MCE strangely won't install.

The problem is that running that hotfix takes forever and also requires a reboot because IE won't show webpages unless windows is restarted.

That is unusual. Maybe someone could make a MCE addon, that slipstreams MCE (direct integration into textmode setup).