Can not view any Java in window XP Home edition

tinchao

My laptop use to be able to view Java application, but lately (cannot remember when) All Java application does not work, I went to the Sun Java web site try to download the program again, but it will not install, I got stuck at "Checking System Confirguration" and will not go any further. I have a P4, 512 ram Toshiba Notebook with Window XP home edition.

Need help to check where to look and what to do.

I try to go to the Tools, Internet Option, Advanced tab and uncheck the JAVA box and restart, I try restore advance setting, none of these work.

Any advise where to look, what to do. Thanks

Tin :}

To test, try allowing all cookies. From here, try downloading Java from Sun again.

Also, what happened right before it stopped working? Did you install any new software? Did you run any update for your browser or from Windows Update? Did you uninstall software?

Hi, CptMurphy

thanks for your input.

I did try do a manual install from Java Sun again, still does not work

I cannot remember when it stop working, I know recently, I upgrade my internet explore to 7.0.5730.11 version, not sure if it makes a difference, also I upgrade the window media player, but I think the Java was already not working when I upgrade the media player.

I did not install any new program.