nLite 1.3 beta - Santa's confession

nuhi

@nuhi,

Can confirm that erasing media before direct burn does not work.

Unattended is using full name, not user name added. (Aleksandras, not Alex)

So I made new cd and after install I can not log in as I do not know password for my full name and username password I entered for Alex does NOT work...

Sad, very sad...

Alex

... DirectX 9.0, wich is a part of Windows

Since when?

Are you talking about XP? cos it's certainly not a part of Windows 2000 (which is what I use).

In fact i STILL have not found a way to get DX slipstreamed into Windows without problems.

Always have been, as far as I know!

My original CD already has SP2. Maybe that's why? I don't know.

this is more less then what I've I did when I choosed almost every thing to remove :lol:

can you post your last session?

and what other applications you are using?, and did it worked correctly?

Thanks

This is only tested in vmware but everything appeared to work correctly

I just tested the new beta and it works quite well, I only had minor problems with the unattended part of the setup... I use the "Provide Defaults" option and only part of the settings (most of them, really) where kept, the admin name wasn't (my full name, not the account name).
Unattended is using full name, not user name added. (Aleksandras, not Alex)

So I made new cd and after install I can not log in as I do not know password for my full name and username password I entered for Alex does NOT work...

can you both post your last session.ini files and remove the password from your last session_u.ini files and post those as well? I had this problem with 1.2.1, but not with 1.3. In fact 1.3 fixed the problem for me

Just keep trying.. Theres a lot of people downloading right now, soit is overloaded, but eventually you will get thru.

Still won't download. Just goes right back the the download page or I just get an error file downloaded instead of the exe.

Stephen

Are you using a download manager? I have found that my download manager does not work on the nLite site and I must disable it and use the standard windows download manager. I have not noticed this problem with any other site. I only disable my download manager when on the nLite site.

Good luck.

Are you using a download manager? I have found that my download manager does not work on the nLite site and I must disable it and use the standard windows download manager. I have not noticed this problem with any other site. I only disable my download manager when on the nLite site.

Good luck.

I have GetRight, but always had to use 'save link as' to bypass it. I have been able to download nlite prior to this release being posted.

IE6 & FF2 via all available methods: either reloads the page or the exe downloaded is html file like above. The following didn't change a thing: clearing caches, disabling GetRight and FlashGot.

Someone said to check my PM's. If they mean the inbox on this site, it's always been empty.

Stephen

dunno if this was already posted or not but no matter what i do using this beta the first screen always pops up (the one where it asks you to enter your name and your organization) i figured it might be a fluke an went back to 1.2 and surely enough it was.

dunno if this was already posted or not but no matter what i do using this beta the first screen always pops up (the one where it asks you to enter your name and your organization) i figured it might be a fluke an went back to 1.2 and surely enough it was.
I misseds this the first time also... Look in the same tab where you enter Workgroup and your PC name and on the right you will see the boxes fot that info