nLite 1.3 beta - Santa's confession

nuhi

how much do the hotfixes increase it by?

nlite once doing just sp2 (if you need to) and ryanvm pack, finish

start again, remove components (a lot of the languages added by rvm will be availiable for removal) and add "mrt.exe" to the removebox in advanced removals for another 2-3mb off

Yep, tried it and it increased my ISO size by about 40Mb! So no good for me as I run a tight 700-701mb iso so it will fit on a single CDR, don't want to go to DVD or size wouldn't matter! As you can see from the ini's I have a LOT of appz integrated too!

Plasma

It does not increase the size of my Iso it actually makes mine smaller Edited by ricktendo64

Just keep trying.. Theres a lot of people downloading right now, soit is overloaded, but eventually you will get thru.

Still won't download. Just goes right back the the download page or I just get an error file downloaded instead of the exe.

Stephen

Help please

I have this problem:

can't copy file: channels.scf

I had several test runs on VM, the problem persists and I checked the winlite.iso file, channels.sc_ file is actually in the ./i386 folder

I was just wondering what went wrong, and how could I fix it?

Tia

Just keep trying.. Theres a lot of people downloading right now, soit is overloaded, but eventually you will get thru.

Still won't download. Just goes right back the the download page or I just get an error file downloaded instead of the exe.

Stephen

Dude, check your PM's

=================

deskman: the file is probably corrupt. When installing, windows checks the size of the file against the entry for the file in txtsetup.sif. 2 options:

1) ignore the error, as that file probably isnt ever going to be used anyways

2) edit txtsetup.sif, find the line that mentions that file and delete everything after the last comma on that line

I'd advise doing the first if you are fairly new.

Edited by Speeddymon

What does it mean by new: 'DirectX' on the NLite history page for version 1.3 beta?

Yeah, I know what Direct X is, but why is NLite mentioning it?

:unsure:

There are no release notes with version 1.3, so I can't find any explanation of this new feature.

I just tryed to write a windows on cd with nlite 1.3 beta and there is a problem with clearing the cd. When i insert cd and want to clear it the progress bar is going to end and then is backing :) When i canceled clearing and tryed second time to write on cd with nlite the cd was cleared. So there is a problem that the progress bar is going to end and then clearing should be ended but this is not happen. In version 1.2.1 the cd is clearing ok. But anyway thanks and good christmas.

Nuhi said in his first post he would give information about the new things (Auditing, DirectX etc.) later.

I assume it is possible to remove DirectX 9.0, wich is a part of Windows.

I wonder, if it is possible to remove DirextX, is it also possible then to update the DirectX files with the newest DirectX? I mean really integrate... not with the quasi "Add-on" method, those things are just silent installers.

I know it's possible with HSFSLIP, but my CD is finished for a while, runs fast and works just fine. Not going to learn something new just for DirectX.

Edited by ZileXa

... DirectX 9.0, wich is a part of Windows

Since when?

Are you talking about XP? cos it's certainly not a part of Windows 2000 (which is what I use).

In fact i STILL have not found a way to get DX slipstreamed into Windows without problems.

I slipstream DX9c and some other stuff with HFSLIP, then apply nLite to the source, and I never had any issues, at all...

I just tested the new beta and it works quite well, I only had minor problems with the unattended part of the setup... I use the "Provide Defaults" option and only part of the settings (most of them, really) where kept, the admin name wasn't (my full name, not the account name).

And that's it, it worked flawlessly (even integrated drivers without issues...)

Really good job nuhi.

Excelent release, I couldn't call it beta...

Greets

Nico

Edited by HachiRoku

I didn't see if anyone provided an answer to the question about auditing, so if I missed it, sorry about that. Auditing is generally used in a domain environment. You can have event log entries generated for a defined security related event such as changing permissions, deleting files, etc. It's pretty useful for finding out who is deleting a specific file that should not get deleted, people attempting to elevate their permissions or rights. I've used it in the past to discover that a program was changing my custom NTFS permissions on a directory which was transferring ownership and consequently breaking the application for other users.

Stephen

Dude, check your PM's

=================

deskman: the file is probably corrupt. When installing, windows checks the size of the file against the entry for the file in txtsetup.sif. 2 options:

1) ignore the error, as that file probably isnt ever going to be used anyways

2) edit txtsetup.sif, find the line that mentions that file and delete everything after the last comma on that line

I'd advise doing the first if you are fairly new.

Thx for that!!

I've often had copy errors after removing a bunch of stuff with nLite, and I always thought the problem was something similar to what you mentioned. (aka, The file's still there, but dumb Windows doesn't know it.)

I'm gonna try editing that txtsetup.sif file.

Appreciate the info!! :thumbup

Edited by RaGhul