nLite 1.3 beta - Santa's confession

nuhi

When trying to create an x64 disk, upon setup, it tells me there aren't sufficient resources to run setup (after the DOS setup). So I had to install with the regular disk. Now is there a way to get all the tweaks (ie reg hacks) that were applied in nLite on this installation? I'd love it if I could.

So, how do you download it?

I either get a referrer error or it just reloads the page with either IE6 or Firefox 2.0.0.1.

Still can't download.

I tried Firefox,Opera and IE,nothing is blocked and I still get the same error every time.

If somebody can just post a list of the contents of the 1.3 beta SFX archive,that would be enough :)

Edited by synth

Hmmm...DirectX removal - nice,but I have a few questions:

- Does this remove DirectX completely (DDraw,DSound,DInput,etc.),or just the Direct 3D part?

- Does this mean you'll lose all 2D acceleration and everything will be software-accelerated?

- What happens with sound when you remove DirectX? Can you still use your soundcard? (through WaveOut,Kernel Streaming,ASIO)?

It would be nice if you could remove certain parts of DirectX in the next version,not just the whole "enchilada" :)

Edited by synth

it makes a 2000 disc around 53mb i think it was ! (no sp's), and xpsp2 was about 75/85 i think
85MB iso here :) great work nuhi :)
this is more less then what I've I did when I choosed almost every thing to remove :lol:

can you post your last session?

and what other applications you are using?, and did it worked correctly?

Thanks

Great Work but my new ISO is 3Mb bigger than under 1.2.1 with even more stuff removed.

I've been through the .ini's and the EXTRA lines in 1.3b (no lines missing just extra ones) are ..

;# Hardware Support #
Iomega Zip drive

;# Network #
H323 MSP

;# Operating System Options #
Administrator VB scripts
Auditing Resource Dlls
Certificate Management

I also directly integrated KB927978 where as previously I'd re-packed it in an CAB addon with the /quiet switch. So I was expecting it to be even smaller. On Checking the KB927978.exe is still in SVCPACK directory but is a few Kb smaller guess this is how you have added the integration then?

But why is the ISO bigger by 3Mb when I've taken more out, I've added the .ini's for inspection but the only differences are that the 1.3 has the above extra lines and a .exe for the KB instead of a .cab.

Also any chance of direct integration of KB913433, KB923789, KB917344 I currently repack them all as CAB addons with the /quiet switch??? (Which you will see from th .ini's)!

Cheers BTW!

Plasma

it makes a 2000 disc around 53mb i think it was ! (no sp's), and xpsp2 was about 75/85 i think
85MB iso here :) great work nuhi :)
this is more less then what I've I did when I choosed almost every thing to remove :lol:

can you post your last session?

and what other applications you are using?, and did it worked correctly?

Thanks

i selected all for removal..

not useable for me, but i do it with every new version to see how much lower it is..!

btw, plasma, have you heard of ryanvm pack?

its a hotfix pack that ryanvm updates monthly, so no need to select hotfixes manually, and the ones that aren't needed anymore are removed..

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack.html

Edited by bledd

btw, plasma, have you heard of ryanvm pack?

its a hotfix pack that ryanvm updates monthly, so no need to select hotfixes manually, and the ones that aren't needed anymore are removed..

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack.html

Yep, tried it and it increased my ISO size by about 40Mb! So no good for me as I run a tight 700-701mb iso so it will fit on a single CDR, don't want to go to DVD or size wouldn't matter! As you can see from the ini's I have a LOT of appz integrated too!

Plasma