PXE boot 32 bit WinPE.wim on 64 bit machine

pankajtakawale

If you don't mind, what did you do to get PE2 to PXE boot? I've got 1.5 working like a champ from PXE, but I get a "cannot load txtsetup.sif" error with PE2. I assume its because there are different boot files necessary, but I haven't found any documentation as to which files these are. Presumably they are different...

If you don't mind, what did you do to get PE2 to PXE boot? I've got 1.5 working like a champ from PXE, but I get a "cannot load txtsetup.sif" error with PE2. I assume its because there are different boot files necessary, but I haven't found any documentation as to which files these are. Presumably they are different...

Ahh Strange, My version of the CHM doesn't have that section. I'll download it again here, maybe I just got an older version.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Yep, you are right. I was looking for it in the WinPE.CHM.

Did you have any issues creating the BCD? Even when using the example script lines I get errors on about half of the script lines. Most of them don't like the label, so I took the spaces out and fixed them. but the bootmgr lines don't seem happy no matter what I do.

What is the reason for having to create these files with unique GUID's anyhow? Seems like it wouldn't be necessary... but then again I obviously don't fully understand this new version of PE yet.

Thanks for your time!