XPize to open source soon

XPero

Hi all, I'm not going to give many details and reasons about this, but I have decided to start the process of open sourcing XPize. At first, a basic XPize Installer System will be released, so everybody will be able to make their own shell packs, provided they learn NSIS and some system reshacking. After that, and depending on people's reaction and feedback, I will be releasing full XPize source code after each version is completed. Some things you must know related to this:

- The process will start after Christmas. I will make an announcement at my website so you can know about its release.

- Both the basic XPize Installer System and full XPize source code will not have support, meaning that questions or emails of type "How can I do this?", "Please help, my installer does not compiles" or "Where I can find resource X?" will be ignored.

- The only thing I ask in return is credit. The release of derived source code would be welcomed and fair, but it is not mandatory.

- I will not stop XPize project, meaning that I will continue working on it and releasing new versions from time to time.

- All said above may change, depending on personal and professional circumstances, but this announcement has 90% of becoming a reality.

questions or emails of type "How can I do this?", "Please help, my installer does not compiles" or "Where I can find resource X?" will be ignored.

Sorry everyone thats probably my fault, especially the "How can I do this?" bit. :D

Seriously though, this is quite a big step. With Bashrat's DriverPacks also going open recently I sense a new culture growing here!

This way though at least you know your project will still grow even if you decide to put it down for a while.

Personally I think it's a good idea.

-kof94

Edited by kof94

• 3 weeks later...