Slipstreaming Promise RAID Drivers into XP CD

SBacklin

I am making a customized install CD. I am currently using the Promise RAID controller on my motherboard. I am using nLite to integrate SP2 and subsequent hotfixes and other customizations to the install. I could be wrong but, it was my understanding that the slipstreaming of RAID drivers into the install so that no floppy or pressing of F6 is needed in the beginning requires additional/different steps. Can someone type out what needs to be put in the txt files, etc and other step by step instructions for this? I don't want to mess this up.

All my other drivers are stored in their own folders (install from CD method). Steps that I followed are located in the following thread. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=12566

Here are the Promise Files:

There are folders for different operating systems and so below are the ones from the XP folder except for txtsetup.oem which was outside all of the different OS folders.

txtsetup.oem

fasttx2k.cat

fasttx2k.inf

fasttx2k.sys

ptipbmf.dll

My driver path is as follows:

C:\WXPOEM_EN\OEM\DRIVERS

I hope that is all the info someone needs to help me out. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks! =)

Edited by SBacklin

Well, I think I got it for the most part. However, setup says the line following line is invalid.

fasttx2k = “Promise Technology Inc. 376/378 RAID Controller”

I can't seem to figure out what exactly is wrong.

I would attach the file to this post but, the board isn't letting me for some reason. It says the attachment is bigger than my limit. It says my global space left is 4.88mb when the txtsetup file is definitely smaller. So if anyone is willing to help me, message me or post back and leave an email addy where I can send the textsetup file for review. I would greatly appreciate it.

The driver in question is fasttx2k.sys for my Promise RAID Controller

Thanks for any help/input.

Well, I think I got it for the most part. However, setup says the line following line is invalid.

fasttx2k = “Promise Technology Inc. 376/378 RAID Controller”

I can't seem to figure out what exactly is wrong.

I would attach the file to this post but, the board isn't letting me for some reason. It says the attachment is bigger than my limit. It says my global space left is 4.88mb when the txtsetup file is definitely smaller. So if anyone is willing to help me, message me or post back and leave an email addy where I can send the textsetup file for review. I would greatly appreciate it.

The driver in question is fasttx2k.sys for my Promise RAID Controller

Thanks for any help/input.

...replied your email with the v2.3 BETA download link. Let me know how it goes please.

Cheers