Office Patchers for download

OverFlow

The script will extract all hotfixes and the most recent Service Pack that are in the same folder as SlipOff.cmd.

The files will be extracted into the same folder that the patches and the command file are currently in.

If service packs exist in the folder it will extract and slipstream the latest Service Pack first then do the remaining hotfixes. Since each Service Pack includes all previous Service Packs only the latest one will be used.

Simply put SlipOff.cmd in the folder with the downloaded xxx-FullFile-xxx.exe updates and run it.

Only "FullFile" Service Packs and hotfixes will work for slipstreaming!

Office 2003 SP3 Administrative update download (Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe)

--> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Other Office downloads here (for getting post SP updates)

--> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/download...033.aspx?stt=11

Optionally run it with an argument specifying your office 2003 administrative installation folder

(IE "SlipOff.cmd d:\My Office")

The default c:\office will be checked if you don't specify a folder.

If your source is not found you will be prompted for the administrative installation folder location.

It will also create log files with the same name as the hotfix for trouble-shooting and give an elapsed time.

Be sure to read monnezza's Post here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=558964

After slipstreaming Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103) into Office 2003 Professional with SP2 there are two errors in PRO11.MSI. (really nice info and documentation!) The summary of his post is attached below as a text file.

Sadly this problem was not fixed in Office Service Pack 3 and must still be done :(

It is still neccessary to create a *.reg file since Microsoft Updates is blind to slipstreamed updates.

I install office to a virtual machine, run MS update, and then export the "patches" key to a file named 'Office.reg'. My key is located at. >

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\9040110900063D11C8EF10054038389C\Patches] Sample attached

Just export the entire Key and then execute the resulting .REG file after installing the slipstreamed office

(and before using Microsoft Update).

I run the Office.reg file from my office.mst

(*.MST's are 'transforms'. Switchless installers created by the using office 2003 resource kit)

Hint: Use Microsoft Office update to see if your office is current and if your hotfixes were installed correctly.

--> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/maincatalog.aspx

original post and release Oct 27 2006, 03:51 PM here --> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=578482

Script updated 12/09/07 to support Service Pack 3

It will skip previous Service Packs if they are accidentally put in the folder since only the most recent one is needed.

Have a Great Day!

--- Jeff ---

office.reg

InfoPathfix.txt

SlipOff.cmd

Edited by OverFlow

• 1 month later...

How can I slipstream SP2 and hotfixes in OEM office versions?

I can't use command line x:\setup.exe /a because don't want enter cd key, because i want do unnatended intall with updates for many OEM users

How can I slipstream SP2 and hotfixes in OEM office versions?

I can't use command line x:\setup.exe /a because don't want enter cd key, because i want do unnatended intall with updates for many OEM users

To the best of my knowledge you may only update "administrative installation points" in office 2003 and I belive you must enter a Licence Key to create one. If there is a way to prompt for your key after you have created an administrative install I am unaware of it.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for InfoPath Fix. Without it I can't install Office (it is stop at a .dll file from infopath and ask to insert cd with office even if I performed installation from cd).

Luckily I have Windows® Server 2003 R2 Platform SDK Full with Orca 3.0.

Thanks for InfoPath Fix. Without it I can't install Office (it is stop at a .dll file from infopath and ask to insert cd with office even if I performed installation from cd).

Luckily I have Windows® Server 2003 R2 Platform SDK Full with Orca 3.0.

Full Credit goes to :

monnezza's Post here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=558964

Glad to help

Edited by OverFlow

@OverFlow

Thank you so much for making and releasing this brilliant script of yours, it's very much appreciated :thumbup

I would really appreciate if you would please answer a question for me which i have been worrying a little about. I have just used your script to slipstream SP2 + 15 other updates to my Office 2003 Pro. admin install point. During the running of the script, then i saw this message on the command prompt :

Extracting 'KB929064'

D:\Temp\Updates\ohotfix.exe

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Then a little later then a dialog popped up asking me if i wanted to overwrite 'ohotfix.exe'. I clicked on 'Yes', and the dialog closed and the script continued. Do you think that this is something that i should worry about ? Also, the dialog's title was KB932330, but the error message on the command prompt was for KB929064, so i'm not sure if the command prompt error and the dialog error are related at all ?

Also, when the script was finished, then the status screen stated that 20 updates had been run, but i had only SP2 + 15 other updates in the folder with the script ? Do you know why this happens and if i should worry about it ?

The updated admin install point seems to work fine and Office Update reports no updates needed, but i'm just still a little worried about the file(ohotfix.exe) that i selected to overwrite during the running of the script and also about the script reporting that 20 updates had been run instead of the correct 16(i had 16 files in the folder with the script = SP2 + 15 others).

Just to test if it would happen again, then i did run the script again on a new admin install point, for checking if the error would show again and it did, but this time then there where also 3 more errors on the command prompt for another update and about : ohotfix.exe, ohotfix.ini, ohotfixr.dll and also three dialogs popped up asking me if i wanted to overwrite these files(one at a time). I selected 'Yes' to all three dialogs and then the script continued, but then i closed and ended the script since it was only for testing if the error would show again and which it did + 3 other errors for another update this time.

Thank's in advance and again, many thank's for this great script :)

Martin.

Edited by Martin H

@All

I am experiencing something that i don't understand and i would like to hear if it is the same for you guys also ? When installing Office 2003 Pro. from an admin install point which is updated with SP2 and all other updates by using OverFlow's great script and instructions, then if i'm not merging the regkeys for the updates to the registry, then Microsoft Update will think that i'm not having all these updates installed and will prompt me to install them(as it looks through the registry for determining this, in contrary to the better Office Update method). All this i understand perfectly, and i have beforehand exported the needed regkeys to a file, but the thing is that if i don't merge the regkeys, then Microsoft Update will after a long period of time display an error message ? Then i was wondering if this is the same for you guys ? I know that i of course can just merge the regkeys, but i was just currious about this and also because i'm planning to only use Office Update to check/update my Office installation and only use Microsoft Update for Windows XP updates and because of this, then i was actually thinking about not merging those regkeys afterall, but now it seems that i have no choise, as else i cannot even access Microsoft Update when i want to update Windows XP on every patch tuesday ? Also, if i merge the regkeys for the updates to the registry, then shouldn't i be able to see those updates listed on 'Add/Remove Programs', if i have 'Show Updates' enabled ? I'm asking because i can't see any updates listed when doing that ?

Thank's in advance.

Martin.

@All

if i merge the regkeys for the updates to the registry, then shouldn't i be able to see those updates listed on 'Add/Remove Programs', if i have 'Show Updates' enabled ? I'm asking because i can't see any updates listed when doing that ?

Thank's in advance.

Martin.

No because they were not "installed" they were part of the original package. think about it...

(I Don't create an uninstaller I just add the keys MU is looking for)

if it is your intention to split the updaters then don't use Microsoft Updates, use Windows Updates.

Edited by OverFlow

@OverFlow

Thank's for your reply. I would really appreciate if you would please answer the question i sent you in my first post i.e. :

I have just used your script to slipstream SP2 + 15 other updates to my Office 2003 Pro. admin install point. During the running of the script, then i saw this message on the command prompt :

Extracting 'KB929064'

Then a little later then a dialog popped up asking me if i wanted to overwrite 'ohotfix.exe'. I clicked on 'Yes', and the dialog closed and the script continued. Do you think that this is something that i should worry about ? Also, the dialog's title was KB932330, but the error message on the command prompt was for KB929064, so i'm not sure if the command prompt error and the dialog error are related at all ?

Also, when the script was finished, then the status screen stated that 20 updates had been run, but i had only SP2 + 15 other updates in the folder with the script ? Do you know why this happens and if i should worry about it ?

The updated admin install point seems to work fine and Office Update reports no updates needed, but i'm just still a little worried about the file(ohotfix.exe) that i selected to overwrite during the running of the script and also about the script reporting that 20 updates had been run instead of the correct 16(i had 16 files in the folder with the script = SP2 + 15 others).

Just to test if it would happen again, then i did run the script again on a new admin install point, for checking if the error would show again and it did, but this time then there where also 3 more errors on the command prompt for another update and about : ohotfix.exe, ohotfix.ini, ohotfixr.dll and also three dialogs popped up asking me if i wanted to overwrite these files(one at a time). I selected 'Yes' to all three dialogs and then the script continued, but then i closed and ended the script since it was only for testing if the error would show again and which it did + 3 other errors for another update this time.

Thank's in advance.

Martin.

Edited by Martin H

@OverFlow

Thank's for your reply. I would really appreciate if you would please answer the question i sent you in my first post i.e. :

-------------

I have just used your script to slipstream SP2 + 15 other updates to my Office 2003 Pro. admin install point. During the running of the script, then i saw this message on the command prompt :

Extracting 'KB929064'

Sorry i missed the double post...

Ohotfix.exe and freinds are included in every hotfix package, my script deletes them each time a hotfix is extracted so the next package will be able to extract them again and be deleted again.

We don't need these files at all, They are just taking up space.

What I suspect is happening is that the write caching on your drive is causeing just enough of a delay that the next extraction is still finding the last Ohotfix.exe file that was supposed to be deleted already but is pending deleteion by write caching on the drive. when the next hotfix begins extraction it finds the file and complains. since we are only going to delete this file anyway it not a problem.

Some hotfix packages contain more than one installation package so you may get more patches than you downloaded.

Check the *.log files to see what was done. (that is why i have it create them) the name and number of logs should match the total installed.

I could add a small delay in the script between extractions or a test to make sure it is deleted before continuing. but as far as i know this is the only time it has occured and since we dont need the files its only a nusiance not a problem.

Edited by OverFlow

@OverFlow

Thank you so much for your nicely detailed reply to my question - I really appreciate it :) I'm very releaved to hear that i don't have to worry about this overwriting buisness at all and i also don't think that you need to make any changes to your script as it's really no problem once you know that it's harmless :) Again, many thank's for your brilliant script and for your kind support :)

Best regards,

Sincerly -

Martin.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I can not get the Hotfix for Infopath (920103) to slipstream into my SP2 office cd. When i try to slipstream it i get "This installation Package could not be opened." I i go and try monnezza process to get SP# to work and i cant coomplete it because the last line isnt in PRO11.msi what Hotfixes do i need to have slipstreamed or installed to make this work.

Edited by DoyleChris