OPen with........

davidyeap88

how come me open wat program or anything oso get open with..........is it virus or spyware....but i oledi clean all spyware n virus nth found but after i restart computer when open any file oso get open with...who can help......plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

how come me open wat program or anything oso get open with..........is it virus or spyware....but i oledi clean all spyware n virus nth found but after i restart computer when open any file oso get open with...who can help......plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
....... :blink:

If you're inquiring what I have almost gone to hell and back trying to interpret what you're inquiring, it is as follows:

"Why is it that when I attempt to open any given application that I receive the "Open With" dialog box? At first I thought it may be a virus, however after doing many malware scans, I was proven wrong. Would anyone be able to assist me with this problem?"

It isn't a virus/spyware problem. It's a registry problem. It sounds like the registry entries (specifically the file types information) that tell Windows how to treat executables have been removed or altered.

If you have a System Restore point for when EXEs worked fine, try that.

Do a repair installation of your Windows operating system.

If you have a recent backup of your registry, that would work best.

Sounds like you maybe don't have the correct software installed

for example, if i try to open a word file and don't have office installed, it will ask me what program to use to open the file

Or if it's a PDF file and i dont have Adobe reader installed, it will ask what program to use

Can you tell us what files you are trying to open?