New ATI driver causes blank screen after boot up

schnupi

Hey

I had this problem yesterday when I decided to get the latest ATI driver. I am running vista ultimate rtm and after the required restart my laptop had a blank screen after the boot up. i was able to see the boot up sequence and 2 seconds of the mouse but then my screen just blanked, but i was still able to hear the start up sound of vista. infact when i entered my password vista started but the screen was still blank.

the only thing that helped was to uninstall the graphic card and let vista put back its original driver. (well i had to format cause it always jumped back to the ati driver)

did anybody else had that problem?

ah ye i have a ati x700

Guess you are the only one! :( Seriously, I had issues with the nVidia drivers back in Beta 1 and had to revert to the Microsoft drivers. I tried to communicate with nVidia - but I guess that they operate in a vacumn also.

Vista has had issues with graphics from the beginning - and it was especially evident when I installed it on my Toshiba M45 laptop. But, since the graphics was a major part of the redesign that resulted in Vista - I'd be surprised if there weren't andy issues.