Join to domain XP HOME using NLITE

jar74

Let see if I can explain myself better:

1) The Microsoft Operating System XP Home CANNOT join a domain it actually lacks this feature.

2) The link I gave you is a site that has a lot of info about Windows Networking, there you can see how you can join a domain with Windows XP Professional that has this feature, windows XP Home hasn't it.

Accessing a domain IS possible, see on the WOWN site:

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_...s/wxphdoms.html

3) Nlite is a program that removes features, it does NOT add them

Let's make an example in mathematics if you subtract something from a number, the result is less than the original number:

a-b=c

while b>=0

this will always be true: c=<a

Now you can think at nlite as a subtraction operation, you can with it subtract some features not add them.

The result of nliting an OS will always be exactly the same OS if you choose not to remove any feature, or an OS with LESS features than the original.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

• 1 year later...

No files hacking, no WGA hacking, no stolen serial are involved! Only regestry tweak (regestry tweaks are allowed?).

When in PE change only one value in HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\ProductOptions\... - insted of Personal leave blank and you will get Pro version :) (after changing value reboot, press F8 and choose last good configuration) No, that won't be real Pro because some files from it will be missing but anyway with some efforts you can join to domain now ;)

It can't be even more interesting if changing one value in SETUPREG.HIV ;)

Edited by Oleg_II