Couple of questions about integrating add-ons

CellarDoor_NCX

Hi. I'm new on nLite custiomizaton field so I'd like to apologize for any stupid/inappropriate questions.

The thing is I'd like to make my own unattended installation CD with couple of thing added like IE7, WMP11, etc. I've already made an ISO, but want to add some programs as I didn't know earlier that integrating WMP11 is possible :o.

I've been browsing your board and found a lot of IE7 addon versions, but I've also read that a lot of them don't work. I'm a bit confused by that amount of addons for IE7 and WMP11, so please give me a hint what version will be suitable for me ?? I want to have IE7 after installation of XPSP2, without genuine check etc. And how can I integrate add-ons with my ISO ?

Thanks for any response. Sorry for my bad English.

Edited by CellarDoor_NCX

Hi. Kiki's bad spelling aside, you can use Booogy's WMP 11 addon from http://boooggyaddons.xable.net .. Just get the first one you see there, WMP11 Vanilla Addon for XPSP2.

Here is the way I do this.

I take my original CD from MS and copy it to my hard drive to a folder C:\XPCD.

Then, since my original CD is a SP1 CD, I download SP2 network install from M$, and use nlite to integrate it.

Download RyanVM's Update pack from http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn and use nlite to integrate that.

Download the original IE7 installer from M$ and use nlite to integrate that.

Download the Booogy Addon fromthe link above for WMP11, and use nlite to integrate that.

Download RyanVM's DX9c addon (DirectX addon) and use nlite to integrate that.

To Integrate all of this stuff, you open nlite, click Next, Browse, find the location of you XP CD (C:\XPCD) and click Next. It will scan and tell you what service pack is installed.

Then click next again and select Integrate Hotfixes and Update Packs. Then load each of those files in the order I typed them. Then click Next, and Yes to start the process. Once you are done, re-open nlite and hit Bootable ISO. Either burn the CD or make an ISO file, and test it out. If you have problems, let us know in a new topic, if not, find other addons and add them on top of the C:\XPCD folder after you tested the ISO.

One note: I have not tested adding a new version of the RyanVM pack on top of IE7. (Example)

I integrated RyanVM Update Pack 2.1.4, then IE7 a few days ago, and it works great. Now v2.1.5 came out. My CD has 2.1.4 and IE7, but 2.1.5 has a fix for IE6. If I put 2.1.5 on top of my CD, it may cause unforeseen problems. I am going to test and post results shortly.

It would not be a problem if I did not have IE7 on the CD already. I could just put 2.1.5 on top of 2.1.4 and then do IE7, but since IE7 is already on there I'm not sure what will happen. We will see.