itunes 7 without quicktime

foureight84

I don't know if anyone has made this but i couldn't find it after hours of searching on google and msfn so i downloaded itunes and edited the msi file to exclude quicktime dependencies. BUT REMEMBER: you should have quicktime alternative installed

itunes won't work properly without it. This is a solution for those who already have quicktime alternative.

PLEASE ADD MIRRORS

iTunes 7 without quicktime

MIRROR(S):

Direct Download (no waiting)

edit: could someone please check to see if this can run unattended? it should be able to since quicktime is now removed.

Edited by foureight84

Or you could have just deleted the quicktime installer from whitin the archive and would have done just as well :)

No need to edit msi files :)

have you actually tried doing that with itunes 7? it doesn't work. itunes setup searches for the quicktime setup file. if it doesn't find it then the setup will exit.

I'm just wondering if it is searching if quicktime is inatalled already prior to running itunes setup ?

I know you have to have quicktime installed before installing itunes otherwise you do get problems

And alternative quicktime must be the latest version for your version of itunes also.

OK ?

I'm just wondering if it is searching if quicktime is inatalled already prior to running itunes setup ?

I know you have to have quicktime installed before installing itunes otherwise you do get problems

And alternative quicktime must be the latest version for your version of itunes also.

OK ?

it only searches for the quicktime setup file. if it's not there then it won't let you continue installing. running this edited msi let's you install it without the quicktime setup file. however, even if you don't have quicktime already installed, it will not warn you. so basically, itunes won't work properly without quicktimes. but this is for those who are using quicktime alternative and don't want to install quicktime.

i'm not retarded. there's a reason why i edited msi file. and it seems that another person had done the same. try to test it out before make suggestions to other people. seriously, extract the itunes archive and delete quicktime installer, see if itunes installs. you'll find that you can't! besides, you weren't asking anything, you were insinuating that i am a retard. if you have nothing good to add to the post, then don't reply!

Edited by foureight84

i'm not retarded. there's a reason why i edited msi file. and it seems that another person had done the same. try to test it out before make suggestions to other people. seriously, extract the itunes archive and delete quicktime installer, see if itunes installs. you'll find that you can't! besides, you weren't asking anything, you were insinuating that i am a retard. if you have nothing good to add to the post, then don't reply!

To be honest, I was'nt insinuating anything of the sort, I thought i was being helpful expressing my experiences in this matter.

But if you've taken offence at any of my comments, I apologise,

And i will have serius second thought;s about posting my comment in posts in the future, Whether i'm being helpful or not.

So wherher you take my advice, Or don't my advice, Please don't accuse me of insinuating anything because that is not my intention to cause offence in anyway, I just want to be a good member.

Is that too much to ask ?

Sorry

To be honest, I was'nt insinuating anything of the sort, I thought i was being helpful expressing my experiences in this matter.

But if you've taken offence at any of my comments, I apologise,

And i will have serius second thought;s about posting my comment in posts in the future, Whether i'm being helpful or not.

So wherher you take my advice, Or don't my advice, Please don't accuse me of insinuating anything because that is not my intention to cause offence in anyway, I just want to be a good member.

Is that too much to ask ?

Sorry

sorry. i couldn't sleep last night so i was cranky. sorry for being an a**. i'm sure you meant well.

• 2 weeks later...