Front Motion Login

joll69

anyone ever heard of or use Front Motion Logins? it's flash-based, and works in both xp and server 2003...i dont have 64 bit hardware, so i can't say if it works or not in x64 versions, although i don't see why it wouldn't...

the Front Motion login program is free, except for tablet pc edition (not sure about commercial use, consult the site)...the forum can be found here...it's a bit dead-looking, but it seems that this could really take off, as the only thing required to make/mod a login is flash... :thumbup

thoughts?

Cool program!! Thanks for the link, I think it has potential too... need more themes though.

exactly! all it needs is some good flash developers/designers to put some time and effort into it, and this could really take off! :whistle:

Cool program!! Thanks for the link, I think it has potential too... need more themes though.

exactly! all it needs is some good flash developers/designers to put some time and effort into it, and this could really take off! :whistle:

Sounds like my sentiments about it when I first ran across it nearly two years ago. It hasn't come much farther since. While the idea is really cool, the problem really is that it's based on Flash. Since there's no cheap/free tools to author Flash material (that I'm aware of), there's a rather high barrier to entry for creating material. Not to mention that some of the long-ask for features (like user icons) still haven't emerged. If they based it upon something simpler and/or created a simple editor for making your own logins (because you really don't need something as powerful as Flash Professional to do a simple login), I think it'd be much more enticing to people. Winamp doesn't have a billion skins because it's skinning engine is super powerful or highly extensible; it has all those skins because its simple and easy to make skins for it with simple tools that come with any Windows PC.