Super Administrator or Whats in a name

I must say first off thanks to everyone who has contributed here to make life easier for those trying to learn how to do Vista unattended.

I have looked through everything here and though I have seen how it is possible to activate the administrator account is there a way to rename it to a custom name instead of Administrator?

Thanks

Edited by Ghostie

Give the administrator account a password in the XML, and it'll be activated on install. Since you've probably got the WAIK, it's documented in the help.

Thanks I already have it activated, what I am looking for is a way to change the Administrator name during the unattended install. It was possible as an option with nLite for XP but I have no clue how to get it done in Vista. If you change the name during the Install you do not end up with a folder named Administrator but what you get is everything with your name on it.

and how did you activate that Administrator account?

The only way i can make the Administrator appear is with Autologon and BTW you don't even need a password on that.

EDIT: Ok I see now they added something but does that activate that account?

<UserAccounts>

<AdministratorPassword>

Time to test another

Edited by maxXPsoft

and how did you activate that Administrator account?

The only way i can make the Administrator appear is with Autologon and BTW you don't even need a password on that.

EDIT: Ok I see now they added something but does that activate that account?

<UserAccounts>

<AdministratorPassword>

Time to test another

The way I got the Administrator account to work was in the OOBe add the shell-setup

then add autologon

Enabled - True

Count - 1

Username - Administrator

after the one autologon the administrator account functions like normal.

like this which is only way I have found to do it also

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry573658

adding that <AdministratorPassword> don't work, oobe cleaned it up and disabled by the log. DisableAdministratorIfApplicable disabled the admin account.

This is why I originally started this thread to find out if there was a way to rename Administrator for safety reasons. I know it can be done manually but would like to do it as part of the unattended. Maybe I am going about this all wrong. Maybe I should ask Nuhi how he did it for the nlite.

quickest way to rename the account would to be enable said account and then add a synch or asynch command to laund a registry edit to change the administrator name

Ok, do you happen to know off hand where to find the Administrators name in the registry?

Oh what a fool I am never mind, I will change the administrators name manyally to something weird then do a search for it after the name change.

Thanks Fizban2 for setting me on the right track

Edited by Ghostie

Simplest way in XP is

NET USER "Administrator" /FULLNAME:Admin

and that is much faster and more reliable than a reg file.

Haven't tried that in Vista but should work

Not sure where exactly you should fire that off, perhaps during Firstlogon as the very first line maybe or as Fizban2 said during a synch/asynch but don't know exactly when they are done.

Edited by maxXPsoft