Norton Internet Security 2005

Hi, I'm trying to fix my sister in law's PC but NIS2005 is set to child level and we don't know the supervisor password to allow config of the firewall rules etc which are blocking msn mail and a few other things

Can't uninstall it or do anything at all unless we get or bypass the supervisor pasword

Before you ask...... NIS2005 had a blank supervisor password until her daughter played about with it and now there are2 accounts and she cant remember what she set the admin password to :angry:

pesky kids.....

THanks Kels - i have a slight problem though that i've been having for quite a while now....

on my laptop (that i'm using just now) i have this weird thing when i click on links to download files. My IE just goes blank except for a small white rectangle with a red square green circle and blue triangle in it (the default no image icon i think)

THe full path appears in the address bar but it doesnt download.

This particular link for NIS opens up a new window which is blank with the icon and doesnt download. If i right click and do save as it says no such interface supported (java i think)

consequently i cant download this file at the moment :(

Thanks Slimy,

I used your link and downloaded the file

I couldn't use another PC coz this laptop is both my work laptop and my home PC at the moment

The only other PC in da house just now is the broken one which wont allow me to access the internet (thats yet another long story!!)

Anyway - thanks again :thumbup

More than likely it's broken due to Norton. It was extremely common to see at my place of work.

Just run SymNRT and you'll be surprised how many issues you have with your computer get resolved.