XP Password

bak70

I was just saying it sounds REALLY fishy he forgot BOTH his user-name and password.

I can understand the password but what, has he been in jail for the past year?

What I have done before and will work on most users PC's is boot into safe mode and log in with the defualt administrator account. (You would be suprised how many people don't even think of that account.)

From there you have total control of the system.

I am not sure but the link you provided goes along with the warez\cracks rule.

I respect you oneless but I feel the need to state my opinion tonight so please don't get upset at me.

it depends whether its XP home or XP Pro

If you forgot your own username and password login as administrator and use the control panels to find the user and change the password

If you built the system yourself then i'm guessing you left the administrator account password blank (default)

If, on the other hand (and this sounds a lot more likely) you're just trying to break into a windows PC which is annoying you because you dont have admin rights, or a recently "acquired" PC you'd like to log onto, then you should either contact the system owner or system administartor and ask them for increased privs

otherwise why not just rebuild it? only takes a couple of hours ;-)

:blink::P:huh::wacko:

And might i suggest maybe for someone with your propensity for forgetfullness that you should write down the username and password you create this time?

my MSFN source of this link

I was just saying it sounds REALLY fishy he forgot BOTH his user-name and password.
me too... you are right .

but maybe he really need help.

if he want to crack his father computer or a bank ....!!! what can i say ...

the linux community , have right to blame m$ products , no ?

Well, I have an app to recommend which is bootable and will work 100% of the time usually... but I too am suspect that this is kinda fishy. How could you forget your UN & PW? LOL ... Even if you forgot one surely you know of another or like everyone else has suggested, use the admin acct.