"Windows Login"

LarryAllen

I recently did a fresh install of XP Pro and now find myself having to "LogIn to Windows"; my old installation did not require this. It slows down my booting into Windows and I'd like to get rid of it even if I have to re-install again. Any suggestions?

Also attempted to use nLite to create a slipstream install disk; tried three times with all disks created yeilding failure as had a "corrupt usbehci.sys" file. I'm using a Dell OEM XP Pro disk and its fine just won't let me slipstream, any thoughts?

Thanks. :wacko:

In addition to the above, this could be caused by .NET Framework 1.1 (especially if you installed Dell Media Experience, DMX, which requires it) - there is a bug which treats ASP.NET as a user even when not visible on the Welcome screen. This is fixed by version 1.1 SP1 or by installing TweakUI and disable ASP.NET account from being shown in the Logon section.

Edited by Esquire

Thanks to you all!

I was not able to alter the login via "users passwords2" and resorted to "Control Panel>User Accounts" and received a message telling me that this function was disabled by "Client Services for Netware" and that it must be uninstalled. So, I went to "Add/Remove Programs" but Netware wasn't listed. I gave up for the time being and instead went to the UTweak It.

UTweak It worked like a charm.

However I would like to remove Netware anyway. I'm sure it loaded as part of my NVidia download. I use Microsoft for my network and Internet so I can't think of any reason to have Netware particularly if it could cause problems like this LogIn thing.

Where would I find it for Uninstall purposes; a "Search" for files containing "netware" only comes up with netware.drv.?

Thanks.

I recently did a fresh install of XP Pro and now find myself having to "LogIn to Windows"; my old installation did not require this. It slows down my booting into Windows and I'd like to get rid of it even if I have to re-install again.

It isn't a "Nuisance", it is a security measure.

It isn't a requirement, it's optional.

If Windows required you to reformat and reinstall each time you wanted to change even the smallest of settings, it wouldn't be much of an OS now would it? :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to a little manual research... tsk tsk...

Unless he meant that it was a nuisance that Windows was requiring him to log in when he didn't need the extra security. That bugged me for a while too before I figured out how to disable it; there's little point to a password when nobody else in the house knows how to do anything more than browse the web.