Major project

I've been trying to work on a project and can't figure out how to do it. Is there anyone that is generous enough to maybe give it a try? :) This will be a popular project when it's finished. You will get full credit!

Okay, so this site would be pretty basic -

A user creates an account, and can basicly publish his work on the site. He has his own profile and a list of all his work that was published, and he can put his work in certain categories.. (ex. poetry, prose.. he can even further categorize it by genre - action, drama, humorous, etc).

Guests and members can browse this database of poetry and prose, and comment on it in a forum like environment. (Not a comment-like environment - if you don't know exactly what I mean by this, ask me to explain it better.)

Any takers?

Edit: The user control panel should include fonctions such as "Publish" "Store" "Publish as Draft"

Publish will put the work in the database and available to others to view / comment, etc.

Store (or Private?) could be made to store the work in the database but not make it public. (We could even have a password protected function?)

Publish as draft would put it in a category called "Draft" - so it would be marked as unfinnished work basicly.

Thanks so much,

Batch User

Edited by Batch User

I didn't think anyone would be willing to do this for free.

I'm willing to pay for who ever has the capablility to do this. I will pay through via paypal or mail. Here's how the payment will work: You will show me your progress and what you have done so far. Once you have reached about halfway through with the project, you will get your payment. It's your choice on paypal or mail. If you're interested, reply this post with your range of payment that you want.

Yes, but people will, in a sense have their own 'blog' on the site, but instead they will be posting prose / poetry / lyrics, whatever, in our database. It's basicly when you click the members name it brings you to a page, like on these forums, and on the page is there work of art.

Is there anybody who can do this?

The 1 thing that I mainly need is just a blog and a login/register button. If someone could just do that, depending on how useful it is depends on how much the pay. But really, I need someone to please do it.

The site is going to be a myspace/xanga. Advertisments will be put up as soon as we get someone to do the job so the site can be finished. It's going to be a popular site once everything is done.

Edited by Batch User

So more like blog hosting (multiple blogs), sort of. As for all being in one database, that's a total non-issue (unless the blog software you want to use sucks badly)

The idea would be to take whatever blog software your prefer or that is more adapted to your needs (I don't blog, and don't follow with most blog software) like wordpress or whatever, and then make a script that would do what's necessary for each new user (create user profile, copy files or setup rewriting for user, write appropriate config file, etc).

I'm sure you can find someone who can do that for you. It's not a very complicated task. (Don't even look at me, I wouldn't touch PHP stuff with a ten foot pole!)

But honestly, I don't think there's that much of a market for it. There's already tons of places with blog hosting, like blogger.com and dozens of others. The only difference seems to be your site would be specifically for posting art stuff, but then again, there's nothing preventing others to post art stuff on any other [well known] blog places. Unless I'm missing something.

What I need is someone to create a script for me that lets you login/register for the blog as well. This project is way to hard for me. I can't code hardly at all.

I've actually got the blog code for myspace. If someone could just edit the code for me to what I want wouldn't be much work at all!

Edited by Batch User

What I need is someone to create a script for me that lets you login/register for the blog as well.

That's what I meant by "make a script that would do what's necessary for each new user". It will depend on what blogging software you pick, as the setup changes from one to another. But again, it's a simple programming task for any skilled programmer (just has to know what has to be done for each new user, and then automate it).

I can't be of much help finding the person to do the job though... Perhaps you could post on a relevant newsgroup (or coder freelancing site, like rentacoder or others) with a "job offer" of some sort.