vLite 0.7 error after a crash

razvannh

After installing and attempting to slim down Vista with vLite 0.7, Windows XP crashed (not because of vLite).

Around 80% of the Vista files were extracted to the temporary directory and I had to take ownership of those files in order to delete them.

The procedure used to slim vista is the classic one: copy the contents of the dvd to the hdd and then try to slim it down.This is the way it worked in the previous versions.

The build is 6000.

Later on, I decided I should make another attempt, but I was greeted with an error when I chose the source folder and the vista edition which I want to use: " Mounting image error. Did you restart after installing the Filter Manager? / Error: -2147024784 / Anyway try restarting your computer[...]".

Those files were new, because I thought the files were damaged by the failed process or something. It keeps throwing that errror, no matter what. I restarted the system and that didn't change a thing.

The next thing I'll try is uninstalling vLite and reinstalling it.

Thanks, Nuhi, for creating nLite and vLite!

• 3 weeks later...
Try in Options - Clean temporary folder before you select any source.

Hi all!. I have the same problem but Clean button is disabled. I cannot delete vlite temp folder (+2GB) by any way (safe mode, hirens utilities, File Managers...). I have a spanish Windows Vista RTM and vlite 0.7b. Thx a lot for any help.

PS. I have admin privileges of course.

Edit: The solution, here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t87686.html

Edited by nnarayann