WTF?!

Speeddymon

Just got my windows CD custom nearly the way I want, but I have 2 problems, 1 that I can fix with a registry hack (once I find the proper key), and the other I can't.

nlite 1.2.1

XP Pro (originally SP1) OEM (non-corp)

Slipstreamed SP2, RVM addons, RVM updates, and various other packs, although the problem occurs even with nothing but SP2 slipstreamed, when I use nlite on the CD.

Here goes:

1- I pick Classic Setup and Black background in Options, and in Unattended, I pick XP Blue theme, and XP Start Menu (specifically picked them, instead of leaving defaults). When I go into first boot, and any boot thereafter, until I change the option in Display properties, I have Windows Classic theme (although the Start Menu remains XP-style).

2- In Unattended, under the Users tab, I type in my Full name, Tom Spear under the Full name field, and none for Organization, so that I don't get prompted for that information during setup. I do not add any other users, and I set an Administrator password. Under OOBEINFO.INI I have 1 user created, which the username is just Tom, not Tom Spear. When I load windows, however, the user Tom is not there, but there is a user named Tom Spea (notice the missing 'r'), and of course, Administrator.

Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong!

EDIT: Attempted to add a user via nlite itself, to no avail. Tom Spea is still there, and Tom still is NOT there. I also tried changing my Full name to just Tom and it still creates the user Tom Spea ....

Edited by Speeddymon

hi,

your themes service is not being started.

that's why windows will default to classic menus toolbars etc.

in nlite, specify services, and enable themes for startup

not sure about the other thing, maybe the install file isn't being read properly.

You might have an addon to skip oobe entirely to stop the video guide, popups, etc.

hi,

your themes service is not being started.

that's why windows will default to classic menus toolbars etc.

in nlite, specify services, and enable themes for startup

not sure about the other thing, maybe the install file isn't being read properly.

You might have an addon to skip oobe entirely to stop the video guide, popups, etc.

The install file must have been written improperly for the name thing, because I just triple checked this and my full name is specified nowhere. Even after installing Windows, under System, it just shows Tom, not Tom Spea or Tom Spear...

I just double checked and the themes service is being started, and part of a theme I just added is being applied, so I'll have to do some further investigation