BetaXP

Slimy

It's not my site, but it's a site I contribute to: http://www.betaxp.net/

The community is small but growing. Their main focus is getting some new members and evolving as a forum. The major part of the forum is focussed on the Naro Network. It's basically a suite of programs with some very unique ideas going for it. They've got a instant messaging app, an email app and a web browser. I suggest you go over and have a look around, you may just find something interesting :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that's one of my sites. :P

We've got plans and ideas for some changes after the new year. We're currently hiring news posters. As Slimy all ready mentioned, I think our way of being unique is the Naro network and suite run by Jase, so once that progresses it should be a very good thing. The site recently got new ownership, and with the help of the newest admin we'll hopefully soon have some big things happening. A redesign of the main front page is scheduled, along with an IRC flash client and a new skin for the forums. It is still undecided upon whether or not we'll make the upgrade to IPB 2.2 or not (mostly due to the change in new ownership also causing us to need to purchase a new license; we're not sure at this time if we can afford it). :)

I'll let the rest of the staff know of your help, Slimy, and maybe they'll help introduce us better. :ph34r:

Looking nice except that the bar on the right is a bit too high for my screen (1280x800).

As a comment for the naro network, I think it lacks descriptions, screenshots, examples. I know this is wip but all I have now is application names. And if this can already be found on the site, you definitely need to make it more visible.

Looking nice except that the bar on the right is a bit too high for my screen (1280x800).

As a comment for the naro network, I think it lacks descriptions, screenshots, examples. I know this is wip but all I have now is application names. And if this can already be found on the site, you definitely need to make it more visible.

We've had that size problem regarding the sidebar brought up before. If you're referring to one for the main page, we plan to remove it in favor for a different design. ;)

Regarding the Naro network, it has it's own websites separate from the forums. You can find them here:

http://www.naronet.net

http://blog.naronet.net

And Jase sometimes posts updates on his blog here - http://www.jeayese.com

Otherwise there are sections in the forums all about the various programs in the suite, including a section where members can contribute their concepts and designs. :yes:

Speaking of, we are currently looking for coders and programmers. :thumbup

Again, thanks for the criticism and feedback. We appreciate any thoughts for improvement. :hello:

Edited by Trunten

I've decided I'll be upgrading us to IPB 2.2 within the next few days (I wanted to wait until we got a new license, but I suppose we're able to keep using the current one we have for a while longer :unsure: ). :D I'll be reinstalling our modifications, but I'm leaving updating the skins to someone else since I don't know much about skins. :} Unless anyone here is familiar enough with IPB skinning and would be willing to help, we'll be (temporarily) using "professional" skins from IPS Beyond with the main logos edited as necessary. :P

Pretty nice, I like it.. :)

Thank you.

:no::unsure:

That's because the board upgrade broke the front page and we need to fix it. The forums still work fine, so that's why it redirects to the board. Another one of our administrators, Jase, is planning a redesign to the main page, so it should be back soon.