MSFN's Under 2MB Useful Software for Windows

Slimy

Audio/Video

WinDV v1.2.3 - 92 KB (Single EXE)

Upload DV as Type 1 or Type 2 to your PC and watch it as it uploads (preview window). Also transfer DV back to your camcorder with it.

-Customize filename of uploaded AVIs

-Specify # of frames to be captured before next clip begins

You can click "Capture" and wait as long as you want before you actually begin playing back the footage on your camcorder, WinDV will wait until it actually receives the data before it creates the AVI file (doesn't fill an AVI with empty content).

Very old but it does the job! :thumbup

DVDate v6.2.1 - Drag and drop your DV file into this Single EXE of 1.5 MB to tell the exact date and time of when the DV footage was originally recorded (thanks to the timestamp stored on the tape).

Two of my ultimate personal favorites.

[*]SIW [under 1MB] [single EXE] - Displays Information about your computer

I just switched from Everest to this. :)

..and don't forget SIV:

http://siv.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

SIV by Ray Hinchliffe. 'System Information Viewer' is a general Windows utility for displaying lots of useful Windows, Network and hardware info - CPU info, PCI info, PCMCIA info, USB info, Machine Info, Hardware Sensors, Networked computers, Operating System Information and more. I use Craig Hart's pcidevs.txt file for my PCI device display with my usbdevs.txt being used for the USB devices, mondevs.txt for monitor descriptions and pcmdevs.txt for PCMCIA device descriptions. SIV is designed for Windows XP/Vista/2003/2K/NT4. Windows 95, 98 and Me are also supported.

I use both SIV and SIW .... :)

jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, SIV is really neat. If I have to reinstall XP on a white box system and don't know the drivers, I usually boot with a Linux live cd and run a cat /proc/pci to find out which hardware is installed. The PCI function of this program does the same thing and maybe a little bit more. I will be using this from now on.

-John