Photoviewer & Office Document Imaging

roma

Hi,

Some feedback on v0.6 I used with the MSDN RTM Vista edition (Business). I checked both Windows Photo Gallery and TabletPC so they would not install with the ISO I was creating (besides various other options ofcourse). I have some feedback about the result on these settings. Files I put back, mentioned below, are from another full Vista install.

First:

As you know, choosing Windows Photo Gallery not to install leaves Vista without a quick photo/picture viewer. When trying to open a jpg file, an error pops up that certain files can't be found. Since I like to use the viewer and slideshow option, but do not want the Photo Gallery software I put the following files back in the Windows Photo Gallery directory:

ChangeMetadata.wav

ImagingEngine.dll

PhotoBase.dll

PhotoClassic.dll

PhotoLibraryResources.dll

PhotoViewer.dll

VideoViewer.dll

And the directory en-us with the files:

PhotoClassic.dll.mui

PhotoLibraryResources.dll.mui

PhotoViewer.dll.mui

VideoViewer.dll.mui

I needed to register 2 or 3 dll's in Windows with the regsvr32 command, but do not recall which. Do them all if you want, only the files that need to be registered will be, the others won't and just give an error.

I know have the full use of the viewer, the slideshow but not the Gallery. Pressing the gallery button in the viewer gives no error, it just does nothing. For gallery and management I use other software.

Second:

I checked TabletPC so it's functions did not install. I also installed Office 2007. Document Imaging (not Scanning) and Microsoft OneNote gave me errors. The installer kept popping up every time and it took ages for Document Imaging to load. I checked the logs and the following error was logged at the points I tried to start one of the mentioned programs:

Detection of product '{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}', feature 'WISPHidden', component '{911F7C0F-5B7D-4A64-9C7B-ADBFCEFC3F4D}' failed. The resource 'C:\Windows\system32\INKED.DLL' does not exist.
I replaced that dll in the system32 directory, problem not solved:
Detection of product '{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}', feature 'WISPHidden', component '{A4AD656D-72E9-43A7-9DD0-E5F6AF438E72}' failed. The resource 'C:\Windows\system32\WISPTIS.EXE' does not exist.

Both are part of the TabletPC functions, something with handwriting. After replacing both files my problems with both Document Imaging and OneNote are over.

Last:

Thanks for this great, free tool. It's great to decide what to install before you start. The above is just for reference and feedback and for users that encounter the same issues.

I can not confirm the functionality under point 1, however I can agree that I also would prefer this. Now I keep Windows Photo gallery just for quickview.

Maybe a tweak/setting quickview enable/disable, which is available if Windows Photo gallery is selected for removal. Enabled makes sure all related files are kept.

A thing that roma could verify is, if any options from "quickview" can be selected which lead to Windows Photo Gallery and therefore give errormessages?

I can not confirm the functionality under point 1, however I can agree that I also would prefer this. Now I keep Windows Photo gallery just for quickview.

Maybe a tweak/setting quickview enable/disable, which is available if Windows Photo gallery is selected for removal. Enabled makes sure all related files are kept.

A thing that roma could verify is, if any options from "quickview" can be selected which lead to Windows Photo Gallery and therefore give errormessages?

All the options in the quickview toolbar work, except the first button "Go to Gallery". This option does not work since the Gallery function is not installed and also does not give an error. You just click it, nothing happens. For me this is the functionality I had in mind. My next step is to tweak this button so it goes to my own gallery software, Adobe photoshop Elements 5. But this is beyond the scope of vLite. ;)

All the options in the quickview toolbar work, except the first button "Go to Gallery". This option does not work since the Gallery function is not installed and also does not give an error. You just click it, nothing happens. For me this is the functionality I had in mind. My next step is to tweak this button so it goes to my own gallery software, Adobe photoshop Elements 5. But this is beyond the scope of vLite. ;)

Would love to help and check it out, but I only have the goto Photo Gallery button and this is greyed out.

Would love to help and check it out, but I only have the goto Photo Gallery button and this is greyed out.

You mean your Go To button in the quick view window is greyed out?

Edited by roma