Adobe Photoshop CS3 beta this friday

XPero

Exclusive: Adobe Systems Inc. on friday will make available for download an early public beta of its next-generation graphics editor, Photoshop CS3, but will otherwise abstain from delivering pre-release copies of other Creative Suite 3.0 applications.

Source

Oh the expense! The expense of it all! Not another one!

They all say PS is expensive, but it's not THAT bad really. The CS2 upgrade cost me 150$. Considering how good and powerful it is (for someone really into photography) and how often I use it, I'd say it was well worth it.

Not sure what PS CS3 will bring though. Might skip it too (and upgrade to CS4 in a couple years for another 150$), it depends what's new... PS CS2 is already an excellent good tool.

I downloaded it but I have problem running it. Ran the dependency walker and found few dependent files missing, it works well in msvpc.

The installer is much better now, giving you option to skip many things. Though Photoshop and Imageready are customary.

well its been instaled a couple of days but ive had limited time to play with it. as far as i can see its the same as cs2 with the toolbars looking a little different. but im sure theres much more features that i need to uncover.