strange pixelation

piXelatedEmpire

I'm having these really strange issues with random pixelation throughtout my nLitend XP install - especially when I open and close explorer windows etc they leave these little pixelated marks...

Any ideas what could be causing this?

pixelationlt5.jpg

looks like it may be related to my integrated drivers..

Edited by piXelatedEmpire

I can only confirm what gkar said, it's 99% that.

Maybe wrongly detecting the proper clock or you did it yourself...just uninstall it, reboot and install new one.

wow this is concerning... I don't overclock anything.. and the GPU is only 2 months old (Gigabyte 7600GT)

@nuhi... do you mean uninstall the graphics drivers (nVidia) and reinstall those?

EDIT: I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted and reinstalled... this seemed to correct the problem for the time being. If the vid card is faulty, I assume simply reinstalling drivers wouldn't correct this problem?

How to I test to see if my GPU is overheating or faulty? Note it's a fanless GPU, silentpipe cooling.

Edited by piXelatedEmpire

piXelatedEmpire, since driver reinstallation solved it it was faulty detected clock. Use only official drivers and always uninstall old ones before installing new ones. I too have fanless card...now yours also may not getting enough air around it, see about extra case fan or something.

Yes, I know - I used to own (indeed, it is still sitting in a box in England...) a small Soldam system which utilised two quiet SilenX fans - one for the PSU and one for the heatpipe, which cooled everything everything else. The graphics card was fanless also, employing a heatpipe cooling system.

Cheers,

James

x

Thanks for the advice guys, but this card gets plenty of air, I have 2 120mm fans (front and rear) of my case, as well as 90mm fan in the side door... and there isn't much in the way of cable mess thanks to my modular PSU with sleeved cabling.

nuhi, only official drivers were integrated, as downloaded from nvidia's official website.

I shall try a fresh nLitend XP install and see if I suffer similar probs.

You can verify that the drivers are setting the proper clock speed with the nifty utility Rivatuner. If you still are getting the artifacts you can try reducing gpu and memory speeds and see if it goes away. If it does and it is at lesser clock speeds than rated, RMA it, as it may degenerate further. It's also possible that a pixel pipeline or vertex shader, if you have them in your card (like in my Geforce4 6800), may be faulty and you can use Rivatuner to disable them 1-2 at a time to locate the failing area. If any of these are the cause, RMA it.

If everything is okay now, ignore my ramblings!

Edited by gkar

thanks guys :)

it seems to be fine at present, I think it is an issue with nLite intergrating the drivers as each time Ive intergrated the latest nVidia drivers I see this issue.. however if I manually install the drivers I do not see this pixelation.

Well, I havn't seen it for a few days now anyway. And i do hope it isn't an intermittent problem!

I shall check out Rivatuner thanks gkar cheers :)

With nvidia drivers, i pretty much always recommend adding them to either svcpack or (preferably) RunOnceEx, as there are certain entries that are not added to the registry and certain files that are not copied if you slipstream them, or use BTS drivers.

This is funny, no way integration could do this unless it's something with the section of Windows when that is detected and they mess on their own.

nLite doesn't change the integrated files so go report to Nvidia if you believe that's the truth.

For me nVidia drivers works and worked always without overclocking my last 3-4 cards.