What vista do that XP can not do

MGadAllah

I am the only one having a problem with people complaining about vista's requirements? from what i've learned, any machine that can run xp smoothly will run vista smoothly...and xp requires a lot considering what it is, i've run windows 2000 on a P75 and 96mb (no nlite or anything!) and once it loaded it felt fine, ok programs were a little bit slower loaading up, but it was very smooth, now i find xp sluggish or an old P3 866 with 256mb of ram, why is that? recently that machine broke put 2000 on a PII266 with 256mb, that machine is much much smoother than the p3 with xp on ever was...

anyways my point is, why say vista is rubbish compared to xp, when reality, if your main point is system requirements, why the hell are you people using xp? if your that concerned rollback to 2000, and if you really are that fussy go back to dos, very low requirements, strangly no one uses it anymore...

...those people who complain about using windows, last time i was experimenting linux has a program called wine, .... last time i checked, that sorts out a lot of those oh but it only runs on windows programs...

and if you really hate windows and you feel linux is rubbish, you should go out and learn c and help the reactos project! :thumbup

personally i love vista! I don't think i'll be installing xp on this machine again, unless there is some reason that i really really *need* it for something!

I have been using Windows XP Professional on my desktop ever since I got it (4 years ago this Christmas) and it has always been a speedy little machine.

Its an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ with 512MB Ram and an ATi Radeon 9200 Pro 128MB. I put Vista on it, the boot time went from 32 seconds (XP Professional) to 3 minutes and 14 seconds. I find that a bit ridiculous. I even tried to use it for about a week (someone told me it would get better with age) and let me tell you, it got worse. It took over 5 minutes to boot by the end of the 5 days I had been using it. I got so irritated I immediately reloaded with Windows XP and have been using that ever since.

I will never use Vista, unless I get my new laptop this summer <_<, I'll probably reload it with XP if I can.

I have been using Windows XP Professional OEM, nLitened on my PII 366 with 256MB ram (And my other Inspiron 7000 with 384MB Ram) for about the entire time I have had these two laptop computers. They both boot in under a minute, and they both run XP extremely well for their age and given specs.

To all of those who say Vista will run smoothly on any computer that XP runs smoothly on, is full of crap, or have never used a computer the way I have. Don't say its something I'm doing, theres no way because XP and Vista were both stock, clean installs. Try installing Vista on a system with the same specs as mine (the Ram is PC-133, I've even had DDR-400MHz and it was still slow)

Stop saying that any computer that will run XP decently, will handle Vistaa no problem. I'm so tired of this.

I have been using Windows XP Professional OEM, nLitened on my PII 366 with 256MB ram (And my other Inspiron 7000 with 384MB Ram) for about the entire time I have had these two laptop computers. They both boot in under a minute, and they both run XP extremely well for their age and given specs
May you post your last session!! ;)

I have been using Windows XP Professional OEM, nLitened on my PII 366 with 256MB ram (And my other Inspiron 7000 with 384MB Ram) for about the entire time I have had these two laptop computers. They both boot in under a minute, and they both run XP extremely well for their age and given specs
May you post your last session!! ;)

Sure, no problem. Keep in mind though, it is a designed specifically for a laptop.

So if you want to keep letting hackers share your Windows XP with you,

including uploading your files, keep using XP.

Windows XP does have "Windows File Protection" so you cant change system files.

Why do you think everyone disables WFP when they want to use modified themes (uxtheme.dll)?