vLite 0.7 beta - The Void

nuhi

3aces, don't worry I'll check it, and if you haven't modified it with anything else, and it's RTM then I'll fix it.

Mcfly000, ok. Lets reset. Obviously you are not stupid, it's just you didn't know how to post a bug report. So, the point is to post what the error was, no need for anything else until asked for more details around it. Thanks.

cheers nuhi your a legend, by the way i also use msn plus live, but i still get the same error when i dont use it

and also after i installed Vista this time, when you set up user name and stuff my computer crashed and rebooted its self after bout 3 or 4 minutes, im not sure....could be a vlite issue....thought i better let you know

I have no intentions of making tutorial how to mimic vLite. Worked on it for months until I got it. Call me selfish but that's how it is.

Way as the vLite develops seems perfect to me, I don't see the point in removing all at once, that would have so much bugs that no one would be able to keep track of.

Gonna check that dll but I'm not that keen on changing pics to prove control.

And sorry for my tone in case you don't like this direct approach.

Hey, no problem... you have every right to be acid on your own application... I'd be the same over mine. I know the time required by something like this. I just wish I had more time for "hobby programming" :rolleyes:

The worst part is when you know exactly what you want to code and don't have time to do it, gets me very annoyed.

I do chemical engineering for a living and I am currently involved in 4 different projects, more or less related to programming. I've been following the NT 6.0 project since it was at build 4008, so quite naturally I have developed my own idea of doing things with it. Hopefully this winter holiday I will find a good excuse to get rid of my life and do some real coding.

You're lucky to have the time to spend with vLite, I wish I could say the same... :(

3aces, don't worry I'll check it, and if you haven't modified it with anything else, and it's RTM then I'll fix it.

Mcfly000, ok. Lets reset. Obviously you are not stupid, it's just you didn't know how to post a bug report. So, the point is to post what the error was, no need for anything else until asked for more details around it. Thanks.

ok nuhi no need to bug report , i did de-install version b06 and i did a clean b07 and

i think that here was the problem I ALSO DE-INSTALL my SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS v10.xxx

and this time it didn't give me any error

i didn't use the makeboot part after it re-build , becuse you said that someDVD-ROM still have problems to burn

so i did made the iso with oscdimg.exe like always

this photo is TAKEN BY DOC HIMSELF :D

vlb07okca4.th.jpg

thanks nuhi you are the best , and i hope you made that TOOL for making WINPE 2.0 costumized just with a few program like a webbrowser becuse not everybody have a DVD-ROM , only CD-ROM, but they still want vista installed from hardisk

becuse not everybody have a DVD-ROM , only CD-ROM, but they still want vista installed from hardisk

Regarding that, how about the "Create Spanned Shares" method, nuhi ?

I've tried it once, exported the WIM to 2 SWM pieces and replaced them in a spanned share set from Microsoft. The setup routine reconstructs the original WIM locally on the target machine

becuse not everybody have a DVD-ROM , only CD-ROM, but they still want vista installed from hardisk

Regarding that, how about the "Create Spanned Shares" method, nuhi ?

I've tried it once, exported the WIM to 2 SWM pieces and replaced them in a spanned share set from Microsoft. The setup routine reconstructs the original WIM locally on the target machine

to be fair isint this a little bit pointless....becuase vlite will remove so many componants that it will be able to fit on a CD, and also im only 92 mb away from a 700MB installation source, but maybe it will come in handy for when the time comes to intergrate addons and drivers and things

but maybe it will come in handy for when the time comes to intergrate addons and drivers and things

For me it certainly will... let's say for example that I were to install Visual Studio 2005, Sysprep /generalize the machine, capture the WIM and pack it back in the setup. I could use a newer vLite onto it that way without having to reconstruct the image. And if the WIM gets bigger than 1 DVD, this would be really useful.

At the end when i click finish i get this error:

Making the image on vista x64 rtm and the image is vista x64 rtm to.

Image works perfectly :)

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at ..(IntPtr )

at ..(Boolean , Boolean )

at ..(Boolean )

at ..(Object , EventArgs )

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

vlite

Assembly Version: 0.7.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.7.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/vLite.exe

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

vLite

Assembly Version: 0.7.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.7.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/vLite.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

MCDBNET2

Assembly Version: 1.32.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.32.0.1302

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/MCDBNET2.DLL

msvcm80

Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.312

Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.312

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.312_none_10b2ee7b9bffc2c7/msvcm80.dll

vhelper

Assembly Version: 1.0.2478.3773

Win32 Version: 1, 0, 0, 1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/vhelper.DLL

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Cronner

@3aces, I can think of several thigns what WLM stands for, but can you tell me. The files that you miss are removed when selecting Tablet PC I think. Maybe these files you mention need to be protected as well.

@Cronner. I had a similar error with a previous build of vLite. Only had it once, next run with same version was ok (not that useful, but maybe a bit comforting).

@Innocent Devil for me it is around 1,5GB with 0.5 beta (1,3GB with 0.7). Maybe if the files are not used runtime, that the folder can be compressed by default (brings it down to 0.85GB) ? Otherwise it would be costly to performance

@Nuhi, I do have some files related to Windows SAT in my global Temp-folder WinSAT_DX.etl, WinSAT_KernelLog.etl and WiSAT_StorageAsmt.etl (0.7 beta off course).

@3aces, I can think of several thigns what WLM stands for, but can you tell me. The files that you miss are removed when selecting Tablet PC I think. Maybe these files you mention need to be protected as well.

i can confirm it is the tablet files missing which are needed by WLM and Office 2003, nuhi can you work on a "keep" box for files now......i seem to feel we are approaching that point :D

Thanks Jeronimo :thumbup