how can i access to registry from a limited user?

Delphianrex

Thanks for your reply. :hello:

it was a nice trick :D but as yourself said it requires the admin password.

is there any cheat to do on XP inorder to access registry?? :w00t:

one more thing that, is there any trick to creat an admin account in windows when i have loged in windows by a limited user acount?? :w00t:

it was a nice trick :D but as yourself said it requires the admin password.

As Pepoluan mentioned...

You'll need the admin password though.
is there any cheat to do on XP in order to access registry?? :w00t:

one more thing that, is there any trick to creat an admin account in windows when i have loged in windows by a limited user acount?? :w00t:

Sounds like you're up to no good. :P

Yes, there is. You can ....

Um.

Sorry, as a Certified Ethical Hacker instructor I am bound by my ethics to not divulge that information :sneaky:

Google is Your Best Friend

If you are limited because you are using a "work" or "company issued" PC, I would advise against what you are trying to do. Network admins don't restrict your rights just to prevent you from doing whatever you want, but also to protect the organization--depending on corporate policies, disiplinary action may be taken if you are found out, which is the main reason not to try to hack a corporate computer.

If this is not your intent and your reasons for inquiring are legit, then yes, there are different ways to do this. Most methods involve booting your PC to a device other than the hard drive, but where the hard drive is accessible. That's the only clue I'll give.

Even if I know how to do it, I always try to respect the rights management of those who own the computer--just food for thought.

If this is on a PC where doing this won't be considered malicious (preferrably on your own machines, or testing company security from an IT admin point of view), then this can be done via a system command prompt. I won't tell you how to get one, because there are a myriad of ways to do it.

Thanks for all replies :D

i`m not working in a company so i`m not going to somehow subvert a network.just because i am interested in getting familier with this sort of computer secrets, i`d like to learn how to do it :P

anyway, thanks for all your replies again ;)

I would also like to know any information that could be given about this topic.

To give you some background:

I started recently as a network admin assistant a month ago, the network admin does not take care of imaging PC's, and the person I replaced imaged a group of PC's a while ago. These PC's all have very limited access. Once logged in, you can only run one application. You can get to a command prompt and the run prompt that is all. The profile on this machine as a local admin profile is the old admin I have replaced. This is where my issue differs from the posted topic above. Is there a way I can change the local policy even for the "Administrator" profile on this machine? I can get into the registry that is not a problem at all. Any ideas? Basically the "Administrator" account is as limited on these machines as the basic user profiles they were setup for. The only profile that has full admin rights is for someone that no longer works here, and I have taken his position. Contacting such ex employee is not an option to find out his password he set on these machines. Any information please advise. Or if I should just start a new topic I am sorry. Thank you in advance.

If all you're looking to do is reset a password, consider googling for "ntpasswd". IF you actually need admin access from a limited account, look up the sysinternals tool psexec - when you run "psexec -s cmd" from a command prompt, you'll notice the title bar change... :)

thanks alot :thumbup

it was a nice tool :yes: but it wants the admin access :o

Another question: how can i have a full control on registry that is restricted by admin.because i have restricted it on my own system in a limited user and finally i accessed registry from the limited account by jpedit.msc tool but i cannot do anything in it, i mean it is somehow read only and doesnt save anything :}

thanks in advance ;)