Mount WIM Images

I'm looking to replace our current imaging solution with the WAIK (PE 2.0 + Imagex) and one of our requirements is being able to image a user's machine and then archiving the image incase data is needed from that image.

I can capture the image no problem, but I'm not able to mount it. imagex /mount <path to wim>\<file>.wim 1 <path to folder> and it tells me its unable to find the image. If I do imagex /info it tells me Image 1 is valid and alive. If I do imagex /dir it lists everything as it should. This is on an XP SP2 machine trying to mount the image. Any ideas?

Can you mount a smaller test wim as opposed to a full disk image? How about the WIMs from Microsoft? Can you mount the WIM for WinPE 2.0?

How are you capturing the WIM? I've heard of problems between the WIMs that come from the SMS2003 OSD captures being used with ImageX.

r u trying to mount the image in WinPE 2.0 ?

i also got same message wen i try to mount an image in winpe

i can even apply an image to hd and tried sucessfully with XP

it seems that u can do all wim functions except mounting in winPE

if u r in full os (XP or Vista) it is possible

i tried with both WinPE and WinRE

can sombdy give an explanation for this ??

I'm able to mount the image in Vista no problem, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the WIM. I have not tried from the WinPE, this was on an XP machine. I was able to apply the image, just can't seem to mount it.