Installer, Setup, editors

Worf

Hi

Hope this is in the right place?

I am looking for software where i can make changes in the setup and installer file for .EXE and .MSI.

For instance, Windows Defender starts up after it has been installed which i don't want it to do, so i want to examine the file and try to remove the part that tells it to start up and then repack it.

Hope i have made myself clear? lol

Many thanks

Worf

For exe's I use the universal extractor offered in the stickies above.

I then modify files to my liking, and repackage with whatever format best fits the situation.

The only FREE MSI editor i know of is ORCA.

You can download orca from my repository.

Installshield offers trial versions on thier editors and studio packages, this is worth looking into.

I am not sure what WISE offers because i own an old version of thier studio package and have never looked into updating it because of price.

Luckily, my employer(s) supply licensing to me for whatever i need to perform work for them.

Please dont ask who employs me - I will ignore the request to avoid conflict of interest issues.

shark

• 1 month later...

Sure np.

First you will need to use Orca (You will have to do a search for this program) load the .MSI into it, on the left hand pain look for 'Property' and click on it, now on the right hand pain look for 'LAUNCHSCAN' it will be set to '1' click on this and change it to '0'. Now all you have to do is to just save it and you are done.

Best thing to do is to make it into an Addon that way you will avoid the Validation Check.

Hope this help?

Regards

Worf